Thread: Delta 34-444 Help Aligning

Delta 34-444 Help Aligning

Saw is a 5 year old US made Delta 34-444 I just got and haven't cut wood with it yet, but I need to get back in business after a long delay after having my 36-600 quit, (motor is rebuilt and its up for sale)

Im short of money right now for a PALS and dial runout gauge. But what simple tools can I use besides a try square and 1/2" socket to get it temporary aligned until I can get the PALS and dial gauage. My 45 oz deadblow is too big to fit under the carriage.

Problem is I tried to align the blade using a try square against the miter guage. I sqared the miter guage to the fence using the try square. I seem to have trouble getting moving the rear (really limited space under that end of the carriage). At one point I put the miter guage on the other side and it was square against the blade, but not on the cutting side.

By the way the blade on there is a Freud 1/8" glue lam blade.
    The other problem is what do I need to adjust that the blade is 90 degrees, the tilting mechanism is off a little.

Thanks

Mike
    Last edited by Mike Wellner; 01-23-2008 at 12:34 AM.

I'm surprised Delta made the 34-444 that long, mines is 13 years old. Sorry, but I'm not in the free customer suport mode today.
    Last edited by Chuck Lenz; 01-23-2008 at 10:14 AM.