What do you see here??
IMG_0687.jpg

Do you see a router table??
IMG_0830.jpgIMG_0800.jpg
I built this router table from almost all salvaged parts. A couple of old lab cabinets, a lab sink/counter top, used aluminum plates for router table inserts, even the router was one I've had for a few years. I did buy some new laminate and a new Incra fence, but I built my own router lift from an old lead screw and a few olds and ends. All told I have less than $50 (minus the fence and router) and I would venture to bet it is flatter, more square, and smoother lifting that most store bought units.
It took quite a bit of machining (metal work that is). I bored the table inserts to accept the Hitachi router posts rather than just bolting on the router base, that way I was able to get enough lift to raise the router above the table for bit removal. I added a lever to activate the spindle lock and I added a socket swivel so I could lock the router lift from above the table. The router hangs in the sink well and the DC hooks up to the sink drain. As 5/8 thick anodized aluminum plate spans the sink opening with another 1/2 anodized aluminum plate to mount the router in. The sink/counter top is made of Trespa (resin and rock from what I can tell) so I had to drill it with carbide drills. It is as hard and as flat as a slate pool table.
When I add up the time to machine the lift, aluminum plates, throat inserts, and all the tinkering, it would have been faster to just build from new materials but I have great satisfaction knowing that I was able to reuse some old junk.