Thread: Eliminator Quick Chuck,

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis

Question Eliminator Quick Chuck,

Eliminator Quick Chuck,
    Any one have any history with the Eliminator Quick Chuck for PC Routers.
    I see a ½ price cut and was wondering if they are any good.
    Searched the threads and can’t find any background. Seams to me I remember some controversy. "Six killed news at 11, Water polluted, Cure for cancer by PC chuck" something like that.
    TX.
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

This chuck caught my eye at the MKE WWS. The guy demonstrating the Legacy machine(multi-axis lathe) had one. It looked really slick. Completely forgot about it until you mentioned it here. Forgot to do any research, but it looked better than my two wrench set-up.

Hi Tyler

I have two of them, one on my Legacy and one on my router table. I had a bad experience when I first bought one, but it had no directions with it, and I had no idea how to balance it. Then I got the directions, and it works great. I would buy more, and if they are going to half price, maybe I should. I hope they are not going belly up.

Bill

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Grumbine
    Hi Tyler

I have two of them, one on my Legacy and one on my router table. I had a bad experience when I first bought one, but it had no directions with it, and I had no idea how to balance it. Then I got the directions, and it works great. I would buy more, and if they are going to half price, maybe I should. I hope they are not going belly up.

Bill
    Thanks Guys I'll keep you posted.
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

I have one on my router table. Not bad, not bad. Do yourself a favor and get a 5/32" allen wrench that is long.

Frankly, I think that the bent wrenches might work a tad faster and they are cheaper.

I have yet to get comfortable with one turn of the wrench to lock the bit in so I do a couple of turns and it takes a bit of time to get the allen wrench in there sometimes.

I'd say that I'm 50/50 for it but it isn't anything too special.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Chris, I use the T handle, ball end, hex rod that came with the Legacy. It makes things real fast when getting bits in and out.

Bill

Bill, I keep meaning to pick up one of those but I just haven't gotten around to it. Got a spare one laying around your shop??

That would speed things up nicely, no doubt.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.