Thread: Gloat: New Drill Press

Gloat: New Drill Press

I was finally able to get a drill press. I got the Ridgid DP1550 that they have had on clearence. I got it for $229.00 +tax. It is the gray one by Emerson. I know that some of the Ridgid stuff isn't thought of to highly here, but I figured that it being a drill press it would be okay. I like the thought of having four inches of quill travel and it looks to be a very well built machine. It runs very quiet and very smooth. I did have the same problem that a lot of people have with the center pulley sitting lower then the other pulleys, but an o-ring on the shaft shimmed it up to within a sixty-fourth of an inch of the other two. I figured this is close enough and was a lot easier than trying to get another pulley sent from Ridgid. I took pictuers of it and my new Grizz bandsaw last night. I will get them posted sometime in the next few days.

Congratulations Ray, that life time warranty doesn’t hurt either!
    Dick

No Pain-No Gain- Not!
    No Pain-Good

Nuthin wrong with Ridgid tools i own several , good sturdy tools and have had no real problems with them! Good choice should last a good long time.
    Bud Duffy Punkinhook Ranch