Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: Do I really want Lie Nielsen?

Eh. I was called a beer snob once because I won't drink Milwaulkee's Best of all things.

It's not my fault that I prefer Guinness, is it?

Tom
    Are you getting something out of your time here? You are? Great...then now's the time to give a little something back! Contribute!

Miller Light is beer.
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Clabo View Post
    Miller Light is beer.
    Not really, but terms of service here at SMC prevent me from sharing my true feelings about Miller Light.

Tom
    Are you getting something out of your time here? You are? Great...then now's the time to give a little something back! Contribute!

Now that we've solved the worlds problems on the subject of vintage planes versus newly manufactured ones & established the fact that we all hate sanding... we can sit n talk about beer.
    FWIW, Miller Lite, Bud light etc.... only count as "beer" if they are all that's in the fridge. My last Milwaukee aka "The Beast" anything was in college....

Greg - Who has more time on his hands today than things to do....

Now I'm going to say something really controversial that just might get me kicked out of the club... I can't believe that you guys LIKE to drink rotten grain mixed with a few bitter tasting flowers!
    "History is strewn with the wrecks of nations which have gained a little progressiveness at the cost of a great deal of hard manliness, and have thus prepared themselves for destruction as soon as the movements of the world gave a chance for it." -Walter Bagehot

Quote Originally Posted by Don C Peterson View Post
    Now I'm going to say something really controversial that just might get me kicked out of the club... I can't believe that you guys LIKE to drink rotten grain mixed with a few bitter tasting flowers!
    there is the smooth Kentucky Bourbon Sippin Whisky to enjoy on the back porch ...

Ha! I not only like rotten barley and bitter flowers, I make my own!

And you drink what Don??

No alcohol for me, about as strong as I get is Mountain Dew. But I'm pretty libertarian in all my views, so I'm not trying to pass judgement... I never did like the taste of beer, but that's just me.
    "History is strewn with the wrecks of nations which have gained a little progressiveness at the cost of a great deal of hard manliness, and have thus prepared themselves for destruction as soon as the movements of the world gave a chance for it." -Walter Bagehot

Don,
    No worries, you're leaving us more of what we like...
    Oddly enough, regardless of subject we all seem to agree that we all disagree?
    Lee,
    Makers Mark is one of my favorites, but I'm almost too cheap to buy it. I save my pennies for planes from Maine.... Ahhh, I couldn't help that one.
    Ok, me thinks me needs to find something to do & get away from the tube for a bit....

Greg

Whew. Took 15 minutes to read this thread.

From planes to beer. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Clardy View Post
    Whew. Took 15 minutes to read this thread.

From planes to beer. Lol
    They're not that different. Buying either gets me in the same amount of trouble with SWMBO

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Knighton View Post
    They're not that different. Buying either gets me in the same amount of trouble with SWMBO

Tom
    I find that dropping either one of them on a concrete floor is also met with similar results. A lot of cussing and swearing

I'll take a nice Anejo anyday.

Maybe we should do a thread about all the ways a good beer and a good plane are similar

Tom

Do I really want anejo?

Or can I do with reposado?

Just kidding. I am a Tequila snob, and beer snob too.

Too many strong opinions on this thread. No need to add to the insanity .

To each his own at the end of the day. In beer, drinks, and of course tools.

Even the crappiest beer will get you drunk, it is just more pleasant with Guinness

peace

/p