Thread: Pen Counter

Pen Counter

Our original goal for the FPP was to make 100 pens this year. I asked the students what type of commitment they wanted to make to the project now, they said they were going to keep making pens until every soldier had one, or all the soldiers returned home. So to keep a little focus on the project, recognize some of the students at our school and show others we are still moving forward I made a “Freedom Pen Counter” It got such a good response at our school I thought I would post it here - maybe some of you working with a group might want to try something similar. Dave
    Attached Images Attached Images

Dave I like it You and your students are doing a great job.

Very, very neat, Dave! You should be extremely proud of your students. A shining example that there IS hope for the present generation!

As an aside, I wonder if our own FPP website might be able to put a realtime counter (pens donated or shipped. Both?) on the front page? Those visuals are always so nice to see!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

John,

I have added the total pens shipped number to our web site. The total number is updated every time we ship pens to the Army.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten
    John,

I have added the total pens shipped number to our web site. The total number is updated every time we ship pens to the Army.
    Ooooops...My bad. Sorry! I see you do have the "pens shipped" number posted. Guess I'm used to seeing "counters" at the bottom of sites. (Mental note to self: Check the site before opening yap!)
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Dave,

What a fantastic idea! The artwork looks good to.

Will you share how you did it or did you have it done professionally?

My high school is about to kick things off right after spring break and that would be an excellent addition if you don't mind us using your idea.

Thanks!

Jerry

Not at all Jerry that is why I posted it One of the units I teach is on graphic communication. We use a vinyl sign cutter in that unit. That is how I made the graphics. If you would like one for your school PM your address and I will make you the graphics cut out of vinyl you can then stick them to any smooth surface you want. Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Stringer
    Dave,

What a fantastic idea! The artwork looks good to.

Will you share how you did it or did you have it done professionally?

My high school is about to kick things off right after spring break and that would be an excellent addition if you don't mind us using your idea.

Thanks!

Jerry