Thread: Wine bottle stands

Wine bottle stands

I have to confess; I haven't hit the gold spot for designing.
    http://laser-etching.com/moo.zip
    Interesting challenge though.

Hi Darren,

Do you have a picure of the finished product? I was looking at the CorelDraw file but couldn't quite figure out how the pieces fit together and what the final piece looks like.
    Thanks,

Mike DeRegnaucourt

Axiom AR8 Pro CNC, 60-Watt Epilog Legend 36EXT, Prusa MK3 3D Printer, SE-DC16, Powermatic Bandsaw, JET Lathe, Craftsman Lathe, Rigid Drill Press, Excalibur Scroll Saw, Craftsman Tablesaw, Delta Dust Collector, JET Air Filtration, Craftsman Planer, Old Craftsman Jointer, JessEm Router Table with Porter Cable 7518 Router, etc...

Aspire v9.5, CorelDraw 2021, Corel Video Studio 2019, ShaderMap Pro, GIMP, Mesh Mixer, Fusion 360, Sculptris, Google Sketchup, etc...

I have to admit I too was wondering about how it was going to look finished. I assumed it was like a back prop that the bottle rests against.
    Epilog 45w Helix X3/X5 Corel Microflame Generator (flame polisher) Heat Bender

I cant remember where I was up to when I posted the file. As a rule of thumb, the long bit supports the axis of the bottle.
    Mark 1 works after a fashion, but is wasteful.
    Mark 2...forget it...it was meant to grip the bottom of the bottle, but it turns out that nobody makes round bottles anymore- theyre all slapped together in 2 halves.
    Mark 3- works AND has a bit in front to pimp the particular wine you-re displaying
    Mark 4- wobbly as hell, but cheap
    Mark 5- same as mark 4 but with a cross-bracing strut in the front.

Assembly instructions: Slot the 2 main bits together, and slide the other bits down from the top until it works.

Darren,

What version of Corel are you using. I have version 12 and am unable to open the file.

Thank You,

Kevin

Sorry, they're in X3 format & I'm in an internet cafe

Do you have a finish with this wine bottle stand project to show ?

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Null View Post
    I cant remember where I was up to when I posted the file. As a rule of thumb, the long bit supports the axis of the bottle.
    Mark 1 works after a fashion, but is wasteful.
    Mark 2...forget it...it was meant to grip the bottom of the bottle, but it turns out that nobody makes round bottles anymore- theyre all slapped together in 2 halves.
    Mark 3- works AND has a bit in front to pimp the particular wine you-re displaying
    Mark 4- wobbly as hell, but cheap
    Mark 5- same as mark 4 but with a cross-bracing strut in the front.

Assembly instructions: Slot the 2 main bits together, and slide the other bits down from the top until it works.
    Do you have a finished .jpeg of your wine bottle holder to show ? and maybe a .cdr?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]James Wright - Haventouch Enterprises Inc. Dahlonega, Ga. (Epilog Laser Mini 24 - 45 watt, CorelDraw X3, PhotoGrav 3.0) "Who is John Galt ?"