Thread: G0636X Bandsaw Just Arrived Unharmed, Oh So Sweet!

G0636X Bandsaw Just Arrived Unharmed, Oh So Sweet!

Was looking at the MM16 and Agazzani B20, think I made the right choice. The quality is first rate, table dead flat, no vibration, cuts beautifully. I added the Lenox Trimaster 1" 2/3 what a difference from the standard blade (ie easy feed and smooth cut) Though this is an expensive saw, it is excellent value. Grizzly was timely and no hitches to deal with. I added the Great Lakes Stabilizing casters, at $11.49 ea seems good value. The caster are just bolted into existing holes used to bolt saw to pallet during shipping.The saw is easy to move on smooth concrete and the color even matches. http://www.greatlakescaster.com/prod...1710-NYP-S-M12
    Blade de-tension lever should make it easy to follow Lenox advise to release tension on blade when not in use. Just to be sure, I put a spring clamp on blade to remind me to tension blade before running. Could be damaging to forget. By the way Mr. Grizzly, thanks for the heavy warning stickers which were easy to remove without sticky residue (some warnings to meet OSHA requirements were excessive if not silly) I did add my own reminder above the on button "Re-tension Blade".
    Was so pleased with the quality and value of the G0636X, I just placed my order for the 12" jointer/planer G0633 to arrive end of February, till then enjoy your woodworking.
    Last edited by Bret Leishman; 01-26-2008 at 10:16 PM. Reason: add info

Here are the pictures

The clamp rack shows how I built with heads down, had not seen it done this way before. It works better for me.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I hope you enjoy the saw as much as I enjoy day-dreamin' bout that fork-lift you have. ha.. ha... ha..ha..ha..

I'm sure "both" will give you much delight!

Sarge..

That is one sah-weet machine! I hope to get one very similar this year. Thanks for sharing and thanks for the pics.

Fantastic! Be sure to post some more after you've used the saw a bit. I've been waiting since the AWFS this summer to read about the saw from someone who's seen/used it! Glad to hear how satisfied you are!
    Thread on "How do I pickup/move XXX Saw?" http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?p=597898

Compilation of "Which Band Saw to buy?" threads http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...028#post692028

Congratulations!

Bret: Congratulations on a wonderful saw. I looked at the large Grizzly bandsaws last year and was very very impressed with the quality and features. The big name bandsaws haven't caught up with the bells and whistles that are on the larger Grizzly saws. The quick tension release, rack and pinion table tilt, dual drive belts, etc. are very nice ( at least on the ones I looked at ). The machining on the table was also superior. A great value!
    Gary

Bret

Another condrads on a sweet looking new toy. I'm sure you are going to enjoy it every time you fire it up..

Very nice Bret. That's a nice BS you got yourself there.

Thank you also for the link to those casters. I'm going to be ordering a set here monday for my bandsaw.

I like the smile sir. Great gloat. Like others have said, make sure you show some of the work it does - sooner rather than later.

John
    John Bailey
    Sawmill Creek is a member supported forum. Click here to donate.