Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MyShop

MyShop

If this works these are pictures of my shop. I'm just getting started in woodworking again and spend most of my time and money getting it ready to build stuff in. I have opted to build my shop around Steel City tools. I have their TS, Jointer, Dust collector, Bandsaw and Drumsander. I'm pretty well pleased with them all. I also have some Delta tools and some Performax tools too. I have been pleasantly suprised with the Performax tools performance. So far so good. I hope the pictures work.

Bob
    Attached Images Attached Images

Robert, have you thought about buying a table saw?

Last two

Here are two more
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ts

Got two, a SC and a Delta. They are in the pix.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert foster View Post
    Got two, a SC and a Delta. They are in the pix.
    Sarcasm.

Nice shop by the way. It seems like one where you could stay focused on woodworking and not be distracted.

very cool shop. is it a garage, seperate building, basement?

Wondered

Matt:
    I wondered in it was but you never know. So far I am only using the Delta for an outfeed table. I bought it a few years ago when Lowes was clearing them out for about 1/2 price. I had a very shall shop then in McAllen, TX but when I got the basement covered I got a shop that is 24 by 56. I have a temporary dividing wall right now so I don't have to heat what I'm using to store my truck and lawn tractors.
    Bob

Robert, nice shop. The red stools add a nice contrast to the Steel City grey.
    Is that a granite top on the table saw?
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Shop Building

Matt:

It is a basement foundation that the guy I bought the land from was going to put a double-wide trailer on about 25 years ago. He never got around to doing that. It has been uncovered all that time. We bought the property 2 years ago and put a new modular home on it. We couldn't use the basement because it was too small. We placed our house where the old original 1880's house was and last July I got a roof put on the basement. It is open to the south with a 16' garage door and a 3' walkin door. The shop is 4' in front of the house so the roof has a low pitch so it won't interfere with the "view". It is close enough to the house and yet far enough to be a good spouse avoidance area.
    Bob

Ts

No Bruce it is just cast iron. I bought it at the Woodsmith store in DSM and they didn't have any of the granite then.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert foster View Post
    Matt:
    I wondered in it was but you never know. So far I am only using the Delta for an outfeed table. I bought it a few years ago when Lowes was clearing them out for about 1/2 price. I had a very shall shop then in McAllen, TX but when I got the basement covered I got a shop that is 24 by 56. I have a temporary dividing wall right now so I don't have to heat what I'm using to store my truck and lawn tractors.
    Bob
    Man, moving from McAllen, TX to Corning, IA.... from one extreme to another, what a shock to the system. Did you have to rethink all about wood movement when planning out new projects?
    Good sized shop you got there.
    Ted
    "And remember, this fix is only temporary, unless it works." - Red Green

THIS THREAD IS USELESS WITHOUT PICTURES

Love the home made air cleaner!

The deck chair pads under the bench remind me of that Seinfeld episode where George has the bed built under his desk..

Looks good! Now you've got to show us what you're making in it. :-)

-Chris

13. Inspirational!

Nice workshop Bob, Thanks for sharing the Pics.
    Regards,
    Al

You don't know, what you don't know, until you know it. http://www.woodworkforums.com/images...d/rolleyes.gif

Robert

Nice shop. Looks like your set up to do pretty much anything.

What on the agenda for projects?