Thread: Anyone try the Jointech Smart Miter sled? Love mine!

Anyone try the Jointech Smart Miter sled? Love mine!

Three weeks ago, I bought a used Jointech Smart Miter Sled, and I can't say enough about this well designed miter sled. I honestly believe it makes me a better woodworker! Not sure how I lived without one in the past.

I especially love its measuring accuracy and repeatability. It also gives me increased capacity on my 30 inch table saw, and makes cutting angles a dream.

Anyone else out there love there's as much as I love mine?
    If at 1st you don't succeed, go back to the lumberyard and get some more wood.

I have Incra's 5000 miter sled...it is wonderful.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Jack,
    Did you buy your sled at a show? If so, how much was it?

I was considering purchasing the In-line Industries Dubby Sled for $180, and although Jointech's sled looks tempting, I am not sure it is worth the extra $80 or so.

Thanks,
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Porter
    Jack,
    I was considering purchasing the In-line Industries Dubby Sled for $180, and although Jointech's sled looks tempting, I am not sure it is worth the extra $80 or so.
    Eric, it is cost effective when you consider that you need 2 Dubby jigs to do what one SmartMiter does.
    Sam/Atlanta

Sold my dubby and have the smartMiter now. Works great! Halsey

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Porter
    Jack,
    Did you buy your sled at a show? If so, how much was it?

Thanks,
    Eric
    Sort of, I bought it used from a guy locally met him at the woodworking show where I bought it for $100. In the past years, I too looked real hard at the dubby, but I know now that the power of the sled is the accuarcy of the measuring. The sled click into whatever measurement you are trying to lock into. Its like having 1000s of positive stops. Also, you can cut any angle at whatever length you need, simply by reading the measurements.
    If at 1st you don't succeed, go back to the lumberyard and get some more wood.

Jack,

I've had mine for about 2 years now. I don't know how I done some things in ww'ing without it now that I have it and trust it for repeat cuts and very accurate. Easy setup and truing and a wonderful sled.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Huntsville, AL (The Sun and Fun Capital of The South)
    I bought one last year and love it. I did a brief review of that purchase on my web site: Smart Miter Review
    "If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high - but so are the rewards" - - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant
    Ken Salisbury Passed away on May 1st, 2008 and will forever be in our hearts.