Many of you know that I have a 24' wall (actual inside dimensions are closer to 23' 4") with about a 36" cut out in the middle with a box bay window centered in this cut out. My plan was (is?) to be able to put different tools in this 36" spot as needed, and be able to use the cabinet space on either side as infeed/outfeed tables. I have a "fence" of sorts built into the cabinets I plan to use. See this thread, post 107, for some pictures of the cabinets. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...t=14427&page=4
Knowing how wood moves, especially in a shop that is not climate controlled, I feel I need to build in some adjustment for movement to be able to keep the SCMS table coplaner to the cabinet top, and the fence coplaner to the cabinet fences. The part for the table top will be easily accomplished by using adjustable feet on the mobile cabinet. But how do I make for adjusting the top front to back? I don't think I'll need side to side, but the top may need to pivot slightly. This should not be hard to build in with a little slop in the mounting holes and fender washers to bridge the extra space. In my mind, I'm wanting to do something that I can adjust with star knobs on threaded rods from the front, but that is probably way too overkill.
Any ideas? Scrap the whole thing? TIA!! Jim.