Thread: Why don't Sketchup section planes like my components?

Question Why don't Sketchup section planes like my components?

I hope this is an appropriate place for this rather specific question... If not, please advise a better resource.

I'm trying to use Sketchup's Section Planes & it seems to be freaking things out. From what I can tell, sometimes when I have an instance of a component that is being cut by a plane, stuff around it will cut but not the component (or part of it). It'll stick out right through the plane. Or the item will cut but every other instance will also, even if they aren't touched by the plane (so chunks show missing in other areas of the model).

I've not found any discussion of this on the web anywhere, so maybe it's just the way I'm doing things. I've included a couple models and screen shots of what I'm seeing. I suspected it might just be my system, but I reinstalled Sketchup and it's still doing it.

I can not figure out why Section Planes turn out so wacked out on my models. I've found if I drill down and iteratively explode the offending components it will eventually show correctly, but it's not supposed to work like that and that ruins the editable structure of the model. Also, sometimes as I do that other parts of the model start exhibiting the odd behavior (hence my suspicion something software-related was amiss.) Can anyone offer some insight?

Just reading this forum archive over the last couple months has gotten me to where I am now with Sketchup, which is feeling pretty confident and using it periodically to show clients what I'll build them and show myself how I'll build it. Thanks to all for the info so far! Hope someone can help!

Thanks
    --Ben
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks Paul,
    Posted there & have had some response but no resolution yet. Seems might be an issue only I'm having. Lucky me.

If anyone else has every seen anything similar, I'm all ears!

Thanks again --Ben

Ben, there's nothing these guys can't figure out. It will happen!

It's my video card, apparently :-(

Hi,

Just letting this group know we got it figured out here:

http://www.sketchucation.com/forums/...hp?f=15&t=5551

Turns out it's the video card in my laptop. Not what I wanted to hear, of course, but at least now I/we know.

Thanks all for donning the thinking caps.
    --Ben