Thread: Pleased Again With Jesada

Pleased Again With Jesada

I have maybe about 40 router bit, many of which are Jesada, I started buying them after Carlos randomly sent me a nice cove bit. It was a real improvement over the Craftsman bits I had been using. I’ve bought several over the years and maybe half my bits are Jesada, the rest are CMT, Freud, Craftsman, WoodCraft, and several no-name bits. Jesada always comes out on top for me. The other day I actually snapped a Jesada Leigh Jig dovetail bit on some white oak. I also had a Jesada solid carbide straight bit that was new and chipped during a short use. So I dropped Jesada a line and sent the bits in for inspection. Today I received 2 new bits. The cool thing is they are 8mm bits that Jesada no longer sells on their web site. They replaced a bit once before and never give me a hard time. I had a problem with a CMT bit and all they would do was give a 20% credit on a replacement. I’ve also had trouble with some cheaper carbide imported bits, and usually get a line like “out of warranty period”, hard to believe when the bit breaks the first time you use it. Anyway, I know the opinions on Jesada wax and wane on the forums, but it’s nice to have a company stand by their products.

John

Good to hear about great customer service. I have yet to break any of my CMT bits (that is all I have) but I do have a couple that I've had for a year+ that have yet to be chucked up. I would be frustrated if it broke on the first use and receive no replacment.

Good for Jesada!
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Well, speak of the devil. I want to try and build some raised panel doors. I took a 10 minute drive over to Jesada only to discover they have closed early. Or maybe they weren't open today. Either way, it's a little frustrating when a company locks the doors 2 hours before their closing time.

Sorry, saw this thread before and just had to rant.

Aaron