Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Something new to sell

Something new to sell

I thought I'd contribute a potential product to the group.. personalized toothpicks. Think of the status you will obtain when you casually display your very own personalized toothpick. Make big money! Retire early!

Mark
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ULS X-2 660, Corel X3, Haas VF4, Graphtec vinyl cutter, Xenetech rotaries (3), Dahlgren Tables, Gorton P2-3, New Hermes pantographs (2), and recently, 24" x 36" chinese router. Also do sublimation, sand blasting, & metal photo. Engraver since 1975.

Great idea. That way when you loan it to somebody they'll know who to return it to.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Umm, you can keep it.
    Brian Robison
    MetalMarkers
    Epilog Mini
    Rabbit 1290

That's a cool retirement plan Mark, I always loose my toothpick when I lend them at parties. I'll be the first to get one when it hits the shelves at Target or Costco.... Hope you got my name covered.
    Kim

Haahahah

Where will you put the required FDA warning, "NOT FOR ORAL USE. THIS PRODUCT IS ONLY FOR PROMOTIONAL USE BY PERSONS OVER 18 YEARS OF AGE."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Greg Vaughn [Epilog Helix 45W] - CorelDrawX3 - Photograv 2.11

I see something on the other side. Does it say "Made in China"?

It says Call Dr.***** for all your dental needs...
    or It is about time to get your teeth cleaned

Quote Originally Posted by John Lewandowski View Post
    I see something on the other side. Does it say "Made in China"?
    Actually, it's our salesman's last name. This was a laser engraved item, done with Universal's rotary attachment. Getting the system to engrave it was a bit tricky, since the system will only accept a 0.11" diameter minimum, and the toothpick is only 0.050" in diameter.

Mark
    ULS X-2 660, Corel X3, Haas VF4, Graphtec vinyl cutter, Xenetech rotaries (3), Dahlgren Tables, Gorton P2-3, New Hermes pantographs (2), and recently, 24" x 36" chinese router. Also do sublimation, sand blasting, & metal photo. Engraver since 1975.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Winlund View Post
    Actually, it's our salesman's last name. This was a laser engraved item, done with Universal's rotary attachment. Getting the system to engrave it was a bit tricky, since the system will only accept a 0.11" diameter minimum, and the toothpick is only 0.050" in diameter.

Mark
    I suggest making a pick jig. Er, how much would one charge for these little jewels?
    Epilog Legend EXT36-40watt, Corel X4, Canon iPF8000 44" printer,Photoshop CS6, Ioline plotter, Hotronix Swinger Heat Press, Ricoh GX e3300 Sublimation

Oh... at least $5 each... inflation, ya know....

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Null View Post
    Great idea. That way when you loan it to somebody they'll know who to return it to.
    LOL

This is definitely a niche market

Wow!!! now 'thats' a sales item who's time has come......and gone Oooo I'm just being picky... However! the next time I offer to buy someone a "pine float" I could avoid looking cheap by personalizing it
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it

Bill
    You must be as old as me if you remember pine floats.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Winlund View Post
    Oh... at least $5 each... inflation, ya know....

Mark
    I like the math. How many are in a box anyhow? Must be a hundred or more..box is what? a dollar. Heck of a ROI there, $500 bucks for a dollar investment and some laser time..all I need is a bunch of customers now and I can retire. Thanks for idea Mark!
    Epilog Legend EXT36-40watt, Corel X4, Canon iPF8000 44" printer,Photoshop CS6, Ioline plotter, Hotronix Swinger Heat Press, Ricoh GX e3300 Sublimation

THumbs....

I still think the guy Laser Engraving his Thumb is on to something...... Everyone sent to Jail should have a ID Number Lasered to his thumb, would take a while to grow out and give a positive ID...... How about a Bar Code on the thumb for Patience of Hospitals for getting the correct medication..... Snicker.....

AL