Thread: added mobile base to 14" Delta Band saw.

added mobile base to 14" Delta Band saw.

Last night I finally got sick of crawling around my 14" bandsaw to reach the "small cutoffs" side of my wood storage wall. So I hooked up my 2-ton shop-crane from HF, slipped a 3/4" ply board underneath, and threaded a set of 4 Rockler fully-lockable (swivel and roll) casters through the plywood and the saw's feet, and bolted on. Only excitement came when I found the slots in the saw base were not quite 1/2", so wouldn't take the caster shaft! I thought I'd have to drill them out, which didn't work at all, but it turns out the slot was just wide enough to thread the bolts up through.

It seems quite stable with all 4 feet locked. The table is raised 4", to about 46", which looks high. However, when I used it, I found I actually liked it much better--I could see the work perfectly without having to bend down. I've mostly been doing scroll-type work, so the table being up a bit was nice.
    Also a couple pics of my "don't mess up your bandsaw by forgetting to re-tension" sign, which is helpful.

Has anyone enclosed the base on one of these to build a cabinet for your band saw goodies?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Thread on "How do I pickup/move XXX Saw?" http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?p=597898

Compilation of "Which Band Saw to buy?" threads http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...028#post692028