Thread: Mule TS fence owners, a shelf

Mule TS fence owners, a shelf

I have tried and tried to use an apron but for some reason I just can't use one. I even hung it in the door way to the shop so I would get it every time I went to the shop but that still didn't work.

So with no apron I am always laying a tape, push stick, square or something like that on the right wing of the TS. I do 90% of all my cutting with the fence on the saw so ..... why not a small shelf to hold the stuff so its not rolling around.

This is one of those hour projects from the scrap bin, I think it could be adapted to other fences but I am not sure. It is just some MDF and some maple scraps.

I was not sure if I would like it but now that I have used it for awhile I just love the thing. It will lift right off, there are no screw, bolts or T-nut to remove or loosen, just lift it off. You can slide it to any position you want and again when you need the fence off just lift it up and set it on the bench.

P2067685.jpg P2067684.jpg P2067688.jpg

Great idea Bill. I had a Mule and liked it but I don't have it any more.

My PM66 has the AccUFence. Isn't that why they put side boards on that thing so you can fill 'er up. Mine is always full of stuff. A safety hazard, I know.

Jim

Geez Biil, that is a simple and well executed idea. I really like it!

P

Why didn't think of that????? Must not be a "Bill" I guess

Neat Idea!
    Making new friends on SMC each and every day

Neat idea Bill. Just a thought , I wonder if you could mount a “shoe” post in between the supports to take some of the weight. It is surely tweaking your fence a little - or maybe not enough to worry about...
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Page View Post
    Neat idea Bill. Just a thought , I wonder if you could mount a “shoe” post in between the supports to take some of the weight. It is surely tweaking your fence a little - or maybe not enough to worry about...
    I thought I would have to put a wheel under it but there is just noting there, I mean it does not tweak the fence at all. The wheel in the front track of the fence does not even lift up at all. I put my square next to the fence and then set the shelf on it and noting, it didn't tweak it at all so I just left the wheel off and forgot about it.

The shelf is only 9 inches wide so there is not a lot there to do much tweaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Huber View Post
    I thought I would have to put a wheel under it but there is just noting there, I mean it does not tweak the fence at all. The wheel in the front track of the fence does not even lift up at all. I put my square next to the fence and then set the shelf on it and noting, it didn't tweak it at all so I just left the wheel off and forgot about it.

The shelf is only 9 inches wide so there is not a lot there to do much tweaking.
    That's good to hear, I was just thinking out loud, I know that it would be something that I would want to double check.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney