Thread: Heavy Weather in SoCal

Blog Entries

Heavy Weather in SoCal

As many of you are aware, the left coast experienced a torrential downpour last week of biblical proportions. Although the “Coalition to Make Everyone Think California is Perfect” has deep reaching tentacles into the media and the political arenas; they just couldn’t keep the lid on this one.

Through no small risk to myself, I was able to smuggle a camera into the areas experiencing the very worst of the storm front. To say I was confronted with the aftermath of Mother Nature’s worst is a tawdry understatement.

I was so stunned by the devastation; I nearly forgot my mission; get photographic evidence and get out alive. Prepare yourselves . . . attached here is a photo showing some of the worst of the carnage:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

LOL! Catagory .5, eh?
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Kinda makes the four F4 tornadoes from a few years back that were within 3 miles of my house seem rather paltry in comparison.
    FEMA should be on top of the situation & will respond in full force. No worries residents of South CA, as soon as the Katrina left overs are taken care of, Uncle Sam's best will be right on it.

Greg

Wow Glenn, glad you made it out safely..!!!! With weather like that? I'm glad I live in tornado alley.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

The aftermath of that storm has hit Colorado the past couple of days. Many mtn. passes are closed and generally poor to lousy driving conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wasser View Post
    The aftermath of that storm has hit Colorado the past couple of days. Many mtn. passes are closed and generally poor to lousy driving conditions.
    There was a news story a couple days ago about a couple of Amtrak trains that were stranded...in Donner Pass.

They haven't announced plans for a TV movie about their ordeal, but I suspect they're just waiting for the writers' strike to get cleared up first.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.