Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heat options for workshop?

check out www.centalboiler.com iv;e had the cl40 model for seven seasons now and am totally thrilled with this unit. i heat my house my domestic hot water and my 24x28 shop (when needed) with this unit. theres no worry of chimney fire or fumes exploding when working in the shop. walk in turn on thermostat instant heat. ray

Hello Ray

www.centalboiler.com url doesn't work.

Dave Peebles Lyons Ohio Guest

correct url

Hi Bart,

You need to add the "r" in the url

www.centralboiler.com

Dave

Thanka Dave, never looked to see if it was spelled right.

Need 2 types of heat?

Living in Wisconsin, it seems to me that you need 2 types of heat. One is to keep the shop from getting too cold and your machinery from dropping too far in temp. That's what I'd call a "base layer" of heat, is something you want on all the time and to be efficient. Radiant in the floor would be good for that. It's efficient, quiet, and you'd leave it set so the shop stays at 50&#176 or so. That way your machines won't have too much condensation when you turn up your second source of heat.

The second type would be on-demand heat for when you go out to the shop. That doesn't need to be as efficient, because it's only going to run when you're out there. A propane fired "Modine" type sounds like a good idea to me, provided you pipe in a source of combustion air so you don't suck your heated air out of the shop.

Just another opinion.