Thread: bearing cross reference

bearing cross reference

anyone have a cross reference for Delta numbers to manufactures numbers.. I have the man. to man. cross. Dale
    Happy Sawdust
    Dale

I vaguely remember seeing one discussed on www.owwm.org, but couldn't locate it. The folks on the forum there could certainly help.

The abbreviated answer is practically all old ones used New Departure extended race bearings (8xxxx series) and were gradually converted over to new style 6xxxx bearings at different times. Your best bet is to pull out what you have and give the make and number to a good bearing supplier to match up.

Pete

If it is the arbor bearings on either a Uni, or contractor's saw. they will be 6203's. (Delta part # 1086894) They are metric sized. Buy one of the HF digital calipers and measure them. Most catalogs list bearings by size. 6203's, double sealed can be had for as little as $2.19 each in quantities of ten. After freight they come to about $3 each. Reid Supply Company offers several versions of the 6203 bearing. Cheap as $2.19 to as expensive as $8.00. Be sure to order the SEALED ones. Often, I see where someone says that a cabinet saw has heavier duty bearing than a contractor's saw, when in fact they are the exact same bearing.

Thanks Bruce, You hit the nail on the head. What do you think the odds are of having a set of them in my save them for later drawer. Didn't even have to go find any. Took me about 4 hours but I got them changed. The grease was all dry ed out on one and could hardly turn it. the other seamed OK but changed it anyway. Thanks again Dale
    Happy Sawdust
    Dale