Thread: Rustics drawer pulls

Rustics drawer pulls

I need some design ideas for some rustic drawer and door pulls I need to build for somebody. They are going to be made from diamond willow. I am having a hard time coming up with a neat design. I was wondering if anybody has any good ideas.

Thanks in advance.

Quinn

Do you have access to willow branches about 1/2" in diameter? Make the pulls from them. You could make a pull which is kinda U-shaped from three pieces of willow: a bar and two stand-offs. There would be machine screws running through the bar, the stand-offs, and the front face of the drawer. Or if you have lots of time, bend green willow branches into a handle shape, and let it air-dry.

I'd never heard of diamond willow until your posting, so I googled it. That seems like unusual stuff. You should post some pics.

Smile

Better yet steam the willow and put in a jig to bend to shape and let dry. After it is dry drill and glue in thread reciever in each end. Unique draw pulls that should hold up for a long time.
    Sandee Force

A few dollars spent contributing to SMC will save you hundreds of dollars in time and materials.

As per Jamies request I am showing what diamond willow looks like. This is the crown moulding I made for the cabinets I did for a boys camp and now they want drawer pulls to match.

Thanks for the suggestions so far.
    Attached Images Attached Images