Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Welcome to the show

Great video.!! looked real easy...

But i have (also) to ask is your lathe ok ?? sounded sick. high pitch squealll
    Rasmus Petersen - woodturning.dk.
    Itīs not a failure itīs a design opportunity

Thanks everyone for the comments. I appreciate you taking a few minutes to watch the video and I'll forward the links to Andrea so she can see them as well.

As for the noise at the lathe, I'm going to look into it and see what Jet has to say. I was under the impression that it may just be the whine of the VFD but it would seem that ya'll are saying it shouldn't sound like that. Thanks for the heads up.
    Raymond Overman
    Happiness is a warm chainsaw

"Do not wait, the time will never be just right. Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command. Better tools will be found as you go along." Napolean Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Overman View Post
    Thanks everyone for the comments. I appreciate you taking a few minutes to watch the video and I'll forward the links to Andrea so she can see them as well.

As for the noise at the lathe, I'm going to look into it and see what Jet has to say. I was under the impression that it may just be the whine of the VFD but it would seem that ya'll are saying it shouldn't sound like that. Thanks for the heads up.
    I used a new jet like yours for en entire weekend 2 weeks ago. It was super silent. So should yours be i think..
    Rasmus Petersen - woodturning.dk.
    Itīs not a failure itīs a design opportunity

Raymond, you did a great interview and a very nice bowl.

Bob

Enjoyed it Raymond, good show.
    Glenn Hodges
    Nashville, Georgia

"Would you believe the only time I ever make mistakes is when someone is watching?"

Ray I love that you threw sap and water all over the camera. I thought I needed to get my safety glasses out! Great Job!

Cool! Great job, great bowl! I agree-chips down the pants... happens everyday, right?!

Blog Entries
    Ray that was an interesting piece. Good exposure for you and for the craft of woodturning, well done to you and Andrea.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Tom

Turning comes easy to some folks .... wish I was one of them

and only 958 miles SE of Steve Schlumpf

So whats wrong with Aboot?

That's more of a northern thing than Canadian. Hear it alot around here. very thourouhg well thought out presentation Raymond. Just a thought tough, Hire the bird!
    Bob
    PS
    nice bowl!

Ray, nice show, you are a star now! By the way, you did a great job talking through it all on camera, I would have been tongue tied and stammering like a fool! Waiting for the sequel.....Hollow Forms!

Dale
    Jet1642-2hp (Mayo Lite)

Blog Entries
    WOW Raymond! I was expecting a little 3 to 5 minute blurb. You're a regular Norm Abrams. You did very well with your explanation and your demonstration. there will be more wood turners because of you. I also posted on the Blog. Great Job.
    What you listen to is your business....what you hear is ours.

Blog Entries
    Ray,
    I watched the whole show, it was great. I wasnt being sarcastic or anything about your lathe.

It truely does sound like there is somthing Majorly WRONG with it.

You mentioned you just recieved it for Christmas, I was kinda shocked thought it must be years old and the bearings were about to blow out at any second during the show.

Have it serviced or replaced ASAP!

Good luck, Jet lathes are very good I own 3 myself, I actually have a total of 6 lathes at present.

Yours should run Smooth as silk and pretty darned near Silent.

Your under warranty, find out whats wrong, if its major, Insist on another New unit.

Again the show was great you did a great job. I'm envyous(sp)? Would be nice being on TV showing and doing what you love for all to see and enjoy.
    Remember, you are NOT your post count.
    American & Proud
    ~Powermatic 3520B~
    "The GOLDStandard since 1921"
    Graphtec CE5000-60, FlexiSIGN PRO 8.6v2, Refine MH871,
    Photoshop CS5 Extended, Illustrator CS5, CorelDRAW X4, Wacom Intuos3 6x11, Wacom Cintiq, Dual 24" LCD's on MoView Stand, GraphixCALC Pro 2.0.4, QuickBooks 2010, Grain Fraim.