Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WOO HOO!!! My first tool purchase.

WOO HOO!!! My first tool purchase.

I just bought the first bit of equipment. A 35618 Steel City table saw, a grizzly G1029 DC, and Steel City air filter. I know its not a lot, but I'm excited! I thought it more important to save my lungs (and my marrage) by keeping it as clean as possible (my shop will be in the basement) than to purchase my next peice of equipmet (planer, or jointer?).

Altough there are not as many posts referring to Steel City stuff as there is for the other top brands, I thank you all for your insight.

No pix--it didn't happen!

Congratulations Scot! Your life will never be the same

Blog Entries
    My eyes! I've gone blind! Oh, wait, there's just no pics ;-)
    You'll get several suggestions but your jointer should be next. . . the planer will come.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

The tools are mearly expensive...the time she lets you use them without argument is pricless. At least in my case. Fellow basement dweller here excited to see the development of another 'Man Cave". Pics?

picking up monday. pics to follow. in the meantime. running 220v.

If possible include pics of lowering the machine into the man cave...err...person cave...I took pics of lowering my PM66 into mine but cannot post in defference to those that read lips! Man I wish I had a walk in basement. Do you?

point taken. gonna be interesting. no walk-in. one set of straight stairs... and saw is already assembled in Steel City showroom. have to break it down i spose. In fact, I was a little worried about that. it's already all alligned and if I take off the top table, it will mess it all up.

Congrats!!! I aggree with you on the dust collector 100%. If there is dust int he house she will not like it. Just also watch the noise doesn't bother her running tools all day, other than thoes two points and safety my wife doesn't care infact she likes it.
    -=Jason=-

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Baer View Post
    point taken. gonna be interesting. no walk-in. one set of straight stairs... and saw is already assembled in Steel City showroom. have to break it down i spose. In fact, I was a little worried about that. it's already all alligned and if I take off the top table, it will mess it all up.
    You can take the tabletop off (assuming this is a cabinet saw?) and the motor out etc. Just make sure you keep track of any shims on the table corners, and make sure they go back where they came from. Then you'll need a dial gauge to get the miter slots realigned to the blade. If it's a cabinet saw, it's not that big a deal.

I HEAR that is a really nice saw, but without visual evidence, well, it's just another potentially really nice saw .
    Trees. Tools. Time.

Been looking all over this thread for a couple of pics of some new tools.....

Something must be wrong with my computer.

( congrads)

Smile

I know, I know... Pics next week. picking it all up on Monday. 72 1/2 hours.

Scott,

Congrats on the tool coup!!

How do I post pics here or add a link to my online photos? Thanks

joe

Still no pics. I think he's making things up.