Thread: Library Exhibit

Library Exhibit

Hello; this is a rather fun way to spend an evening. We have something called "Art Walk" here on the 3rd Thursday of the month and folks can wander through various galleries and visit. My little wood turning exhibit is featured at the public library this month. Several excellent calls are also in the display case turned by Marvin H. (by permission) our good friend here, and then a couple of tiny miniatures there were done by Earl K. (by permission also). All of the bowl work is what I've done. Tonight we had quite a number of people who stopped, asked questions, held the bowls, and really enjoyed the display. Just an encouragement to you, if you like to do educational types of displays and especially encourage kids to take up wood working, this might be one way to let folks get a glimpse of what we do. Lots of fun and good visits! Best to you, Jude
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Jude that looks like a great way to tickle someones interest in woodturning.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Tom

Turning comes easy to some folks .... wish I was one of them

and only 958 miles SE of Steve Schlumpf

Great job Jude.

For the others on the forum, the Art Walk is great for all of the art community of Abilene. Everything from the fines arts to music get equal attention. Our downtown has gone through quite a renovation and there are galleries and specialty shops through out the area. And some pretty good food if you are hungry.

Again great job Jude.

Marvin

Jude - congrats on your combined exhibit! What a great way to get your work in front of others! Sounds like it had to be fun!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Jude congrats on the exhibit. Great way to show off your work.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Way to go Judy!!!! Excellent way to " educate" the public.
    John 3:16

Hey Guys!

Thanks for your encouragement and generous comments!

It was a lot of fun; one thing in particular I enjoyed was when a Brownie troop stopped and asked questions, were delighted at the sounds of the calls by Marvin, played with a couple finger tops and I explained how a lathe works and told the children, sure, girls can do things boys can do. So wood working really is for anybody who is interested, boys and girls, kids, or grownups. Anybody who wants to take the time to learn and enjoy it.

It was fun, thank you again for all your positive comments!

Jude

That's sure a good idea! And some nice work. Unfortunatley (I checked) our library doesn't have anything like this, probably because of its size. (Hole in the wall).

Congrats to you and the others involved, Jude. It's nice to know that somewhere, in some city or town, there is a thing called Art Walk. It'd be even nicer to know the general location of the town (USA? Europe?, Asia?), and even more nicer to know what town it's in.

Ah Ben, wish ya did. But you never know, opportunities to teach kids may come around in another unexpected venue. Thanks!

Thank you, Don, sure thing - we're located in Abilene, Texas, old USA. West TX, half way between Midland/Odessa and Dallas/Ft. Worth.

Ya'll have a good one!

Jude

Jude,

Sharon said to tell you it was my fault she did not make it to Art Walk last night. Seems I forgot to "remind" her.

Marvin

Marvin,

Now THAT is funny!!! You guys can't fall down on the job now, ha! Thanks! Enjoy that 91 degrees today? I sure did, Glen and I both enjoyed a pleasant evening!

Catch up to ya'll later,

Jude