Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arrrrgh! New pin nailer needed!

Fred, You get what you pay for.....get a Grex!

I own the Senco and I have been very happy with it. I got it three years ago @ the Woodworks show in Ft. Washinton (Actually bought it from Jim Senco) The gun is well balanced and I have put a lot of pins through it and it has not malfunctioned once. I like the soft grip very comfy in hand.

The PC has somewhat of a saftey in the trigger lock and you do not have to adjust the gun for different size pins where you do have to on the Senco but @ the time I paid $125 (With an assortment of Pins) for the Senco and the PC was $140 @ the PC booth and they were not budging on the price. For me it made it a no brainer

Senco has always been a world class tool and this one is no different. Grex get a lot of good reviews but they are pricey. If I was a production house then I would look hard at them but with the quality of the Senco I do not feel that I "Sacraficed" so I am very satisfied Senco owner.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Leetch View Post
    That the same one Harbor Freight sells.
    I don't believe so. The Harbor freight ones look significantly different, aren't auto adjusting for different pin lengths, only support 1" pins vs. 1 3/8" pins, and the Harbor Freight nailer is less than half the price of the Bynford (for whatever that's worth). Here are the URLs for the Harbor freight and for the Bynford (as seen on Amazon, though it seems that it's the same guy that is selling the Bynford everywhere as far as I can tell):

Harbor freight pin nailer: http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=93656

Bynford pin nailer: http://www.amazon.com/Bynford-35mm-G.../dp/B000V5XF0Q
    Bob