Thread: Let's hear it for SMC

Let's hear it for SMC

Ok guys, it's been a little over a year since SMC opened the gates and let us in. I think it is time to personally thank Keith and the staff for what they have accomplished here. Sometimes I think some of us have forgotten the reason we are all here. It is because Keith graciously accepted the challenge of operating this site, FOR FREE! Let's not forget about Ken, Dennis, Dave, Aaron, Jackie, and anybody else behind the scenes who pour their heart into moderating this fast growing forum. Everyday my list of new posts is longer and longer. Sure, we have had some differences of opinion, and on occasion a temper or two has flared up, but that's just normal "family life". Take a second to think about what we have here, with the free-stuff drawings, the bulk-buys, even Keith has offered some free Corian pen blanks to anybody who wanted some. We all owe a lot to Keith and his staff, Let's all pitch in and offer out thanks. Thank you.

Joe,

I couldn't agree more. SMC is by far my favorite web site let alone woodworking forum. The web servers and software, expertise and hundreds of hours of time that Keith has donated have created a supportive and fun environment for over 2200 people across the globe. We come from all walks of life yet our passion for woodworking binds us all together. I've learned more here in a little over a year than I could have in a lifetime of trying to figure things out by myself.

We owe a huge debt of gratitude to him and the entire volunteer staff of SMC. My personal thanks to all the hard working staff as well as the great members of this forum.
    Kent Cori

Half a bubble off plumb

Thumbs up

I agree with Joe and Kent. This is a wonderful forum, it almost gives me a small home town feeling because it is so small. I am relatively new to woodworking and this site, less than a year on both counts. I have learned a lot by reading all the posts up to now.

To Keith and ALL the moderators and the people behind the scenes a great big THANK YOU!

Randy
    Randy

Don't worry abuot tommorrow, it may never arrive
    Don't fret over yesterdays mistake, you can't undo them
    Just live today the best you can.

I would also like to give a BIG thank you to all the Sawmill staff for providing this site, with all the benefits that go with it.
    The first site inthe morning and the last at night, and in between also.

THANK YOU

Earl Reid

Hip . . . Hip . . . Hooray to the staff at SMC!!!!

Definitely my favorite site on the web! I check it numerous times a day looking for new posts!

Great job, gang, . . .

OK, now back to work!

Since I joined, I seldom go to any other website. Many thanks to those who make this site possible. A wealth of information......a wonderful exchange of ideas........and a couple of nuts.....( I won't mention John or Tyler's initials)

Thumbs up

I agree with Jerry, I check this site 2-3 times a day. Many thanks to the gang who keeps things running so smooth. A big thumbs up to all of you.

DK

Here, here! This place just flat-out rocks! The admins, moderators and, most importantly, the membership! Truly a gracious, talented and fun bunch of folks, all of whom I'm really glad to be a part of! (OK, I'm just glad they even let me in.... ). Thanks to all!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Thanks to everyone-- we will strive to continue making SawmillCreek as valuable, comfortable, and useful as possible! Not to mention all the neat stuff we still have planned... (shh!)

_Aaron_