Thread: Pocket Notebooks????

Pocket Notebooks????

I have a Dentist asking about pocket notebooks. Does anyone know of a good resource for a laser engravable pocket notebook? I am thinking along the lines of something leather, but am open to anything.
    Thanks for the help!!
    Eric

Eric, I'm not actually likely to be the person to point you in the right direction on this but it usually helps if you can let us know where you are. Sometimes just adding a little to your personal signature will help. (see the little message up here on the right under join date)

As regards leather pocket books, I used to engrave one or two police notebooks here in the UK to good effect. They were nice black leather but engraved with this sort of reddish brown finish, looked really very sweet, however the tanning process on them isn't always identical and the results can be 'iffy'.
    Epilog 45w Helix X3/X5 Corel Microflame Generator (flame polisher) Heat Bender

Thank you so much. I live in Alabama and am getting started in the laser gift business. I am a full time pastor and so my time is limited, but I do enjoy my laser. Again, thank you for the help. I am almost a computer moron, but will try to personalize my page. Thanks. Eric

I recently engraved my son's Moleskine notebook. These should be available online or in local stores. I haven't shopped for them myself so I don't have a specific source. In this thread I posted a picture of the result.

Paul Proffitt
    Suwanee, GA
    Epilog Legend 24TT 45 Watt, Corel X3, Illustrator CS and a woodworking shop of other fun stuff

Again thanks. I tried to update a little and became a 2008 contributor. never liked paying via internet, but it is time to grow up!
    Thanks again,
    Eric
    Eric Jackson
    Turned Treasure's Inc.
    Director, River Region Chaplain Service
    Titus 2:7,"..be an example unto them by doing good deeds of everykind. Let everything you do reflect the integrity and seriousness of your teaching."

I have always had good luck etching leather, and Frank is right. Depending on the tanning method, as well as what leather die was or may have been used, you never know what colour the engraving is going to be. I have had black wallets etch everything from brown to white.. I usually tell my customers there is no way to tell what colour the leather will turn when the beam hits it.. It all depends on what the cow had for breakfast on the worst day of it's life!
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it

Laugh At Loud !!!! Breakfast.....

Possible Alternatives

Eric,
    I'm not "in the business" so a lot of what I do is just for the fun of it and to help me learn more about the laser's capabilities. One happy accident was picking up some faux leather (read cheap) photo albums at the local borg. I used masking paper, lightly vectored the outline of some text through the tape and used the resulting mask as a stencil to spray gold lacquer. Peel off the mask and a cheapo deluxo album looks very special. I could see the same process working for pocket notebooks as well.

Don't know if this is what you're looking for but it's my 2 cents worth.

Jim
    Growing older is mandatory.
    Growing up is entirely optional.

Remember; it's never too late to have a happy childhood.

Thanks for the help everyone. I really appreciate the advice!! Eric
    Eric Jackson
    Turned Treasure's Inc.
    Director, River Region Chaplain Service
    Titus 2:7,"..be an example unto them by doing good deeds of everykind. Let everything you do reflect the integrity and seriousness of your teaching."