Thread: x/y disabled: x

x/y disabled: x

i recenlty removed the I beam and gave it a thourough cleaning. upon doing so i removed the data strip and the lense carriage so i could submerse the beam in soam and water. when i assembled the i beam i found that i am getting the following error message directly after booting up: x/y disabled: x

there does not appear to be any obstructions and i have tried the following tips that were posted earlier like lowering the table and unconnecting everything from the main circuit board. I can not get past this error.

the machine will home but bumps slightly when finding the x home coordinate and this is when it displays the message.

i have also tried flipping and adjusting the encoder strip.

please help, man down.

Tom there are a lot of folks here who have different makes of machine. Tell us the make and model of your machine and I'm sure there will be someone who can help you, otherwise we are all just guessing.

For the first guess if it's an Epilog, I would suggest you go to the website and download your firmware for your model and reinstall it or upgrade it. This will allow the machine to have the onboard memory flushed and most likely reset your default settings back to normal.
    Epilog 45w Helix X3/X5 Corel Microflame Generator (flame polisher) Heat Bender

Tom - if it 'bumps' you may have a screw head sticking out or something just not right back in it's place.

When I replaced my x belt the first time, I let the self-tensioning adjustment stick out too far. The I beam hit it and disabled itself.

The good news is if it's disabling itself, the saftey is working. The better news is if it's trying to HOME again after restarting - nothing was damaged - YET. You're goal at this point is to look for any scratches or nicks where it might be bumping. I'd move it by hand to find the binding if possible to cut down on forcing the safetys to work.

I agree with Frank - tell us more about your system and then other owners of the same or similar systems will be able to give you more pointed advice...

Steve
    Steve Beckham

Epilog Mini 24 with 45 Watt, Ricoh GX 7000 Sublimation, Corel X3, Corel X4 and PhotoGrav, Recently replaced the two 'used' SWF machines with brand new Barudans.

Apoligies, it is an Epilog Mini 24. The lens carriage does hit the factory stops on the far left of the I beam, but not hard, than it nudges back slightly to the right. I am unable to upload new firmware due to the message "x/y disabled: x" coming on the display and locking the machine up totally.

Tom, If you haven't tryed this yet - On the processor board I think I remember 2 large connectors. Pull both of them off then firmly reconnect.
    Tim
    There are Big Brain people & Small Brain people. I'm one of the Big Brains - with a lot of empty space.- me
    50W Fiber - Raycus/MaxPhotonics - It's a metal eating beast!
    Epilog Fusion M2 50/30 Co2/Fiber - 2015
    Epilog Mini 24 – 35watt - 2006 (Original Tube)
    Ricoh SG3110DN
    - Liberty Laser LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Stearns View Post
    when i assembled the i beam i found that i am getting the following error message directly after booting up: x/y disabled: x
    Tom,
    Disabled: X means the magnetic "limit switch" was not tripped. Locate the magnet and the sensor and see if they are "meeting."(?) Magnet fell out? Obstruction(?). Connections on the board which contains the sensor?

Encoder strip not involved in this. You might however try reversing the ribbon cable.
    Roy Brewer[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Epilog/Control Laser/Roland engravers/Xenetech

i see the magnetic sensor/switch for the z (up down) table but not for the x and y axis. Not sure where these switches are.

I did try reversing and replacing this ribbon cable.

Tom, call Epilog support. It's free and they are open and I'm sure they will have you sorted out in no time.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Shepherd View Post
    Tom, call Epilog support. It's free and they are open and I'm sure they will have you sorted out in no time.

Tom, best advice yet. Call tech support, it's likely something wasn't reconnected properly upon your dismantling of the I-beam. X-Y disabled x tells me the x-axis isn't getting the correct signal upon boot-up or as stated, isn't finding the x-home sensor.

Tech support (303.215.9171) will walk you thru the trouble-shooting process and will have you up and running shortly.
    Peck Sidara
    Epilog Laser
    888.437.4564 ext. 236

my father called tech support while i was at work today and yes while reassembling the i beam i put the x magnet which looks like a regular hardware standoff on the wrong side of the i beam, and put the screw in the other side. Thanks all for your help, you all nailed it down if only I had realized that standoff was a sensor.

Thank you all again!!!!