Thread: 4 X 4 X 1/2 Box

4 X 4 X 1/2 Box

Hey everyone, I could have added this to the last thread but I was afraid you would think it was the same post with nothing added.

This box may still need some help but this is what I came up with so far, I hope some of you can use this, maybe improve it where it is just what you need. I am not a designer by any means, so please if you have constructive criticism, be kind.

4 X 4 X .5.cdr

Thanks for all your help!
    God Bless,
    James & Zelma (Psalm 18:2)
    "Inscriptions Of The Heart"
    Texas
    ~A person is only as good as their word~

Another quick thought. No gluing works with any construction paper or posterboard.

Black = Cut. Red = Fold

GDG
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hey, George, thanks! I'll have to wait until I get home to get this one though, I only have Corel 11 here, 13 at home. It looks really good in PDF.

Thanks again.
    God Bless,
    Texas

Try this

GDG

George, hope you don't mind, took your design and added slip closure (not what my husband called it but that's what I'll call it).

Maybe someone can use this as much as I can.

Thanks again.
    God Bless,
    Texas

You may also want to make the closure slot in the flap a rectangle to help with inserting the tab. We tried the tab method but it gets clumsy to insert tab when box is full.

We leave the ends square and use a decorative piece tape with business info.

Good fun
    GDG

Cad Programs Have Flat to 3d Modeling Capabilities

Not trying to rain on your parade but many of the Cad Programs have modeling capabilities. Chief Architect does for sure. Take a house or a simple box and ask the program to print a model, and it will lay it out flat(2d) so that it can be cut out. It can then be cut or folded so that it can be put together in a (3d) model. Never tired it on a laser but it produces a print file, pdf, dxf or other.

Maybe there's a market for models?

Thanks,

Kevin

That is true. We use SolidWorks for the design and send file to box tooling maker. I did the above boxes and exported to DXF and into Corel.

GDG