Thread: Help with Color Mapping

Help with Color Mapping

I recently changed over a job we laser on large wood planks over to a color map just to see if it would save some job time. As it turns out it saves almost 10 minutes per run. Obviously this is good So the next day I open the file back up and all of my changes to the Corel document are there as expected, but the color mapping info is all gone. I guess I assumed the color settings and the additional colors I used would be saved along with the document. Am I missing something or do I have to set this up again every time. I hope not
    Any help would be great, I have to assume I missed something here. I know I can change the default settings of the driver. Is this the only way to save these color map settings?
    Epilog Legend 36EXT 75w, Corel X3

I save the color settings in the print driver and load them as needed. I have not found a way to save them with the file but would be interested if this is possible. I also save and load color pallettes that corresponds to the color maps.

Cheers
    I design, engineer and program all sorts of things.

Oh, and I use Adobe Illustrator with an Epilog Mini.

Color Mapping

Jason,

Color mapping is saved thru a configuration,.dat (data) file. This is save thru your print driver and not within the corel file itself.

The dat file can be saved anywhere on your PC's c: drive. How it works:

Open your Corel file
    File/print/printer properties
    Select all of your parameters including the color mapping schemes
    On the general tab, click on the drop down button under configuration
    Save as...Pick your location and a name for your new configuration/dat file

For more information on this function, see Using the Epilog Print Driver/configurations in your owners manual.

HTH,
    Peck Sidara
    Epilog Laser
    888.437.4564 ext. 236