Thread: Daas

Daas

Ever have one of them days when you can't see the light for the bulb?

My new clearvue mini came yesterday, so I started modifing my home grown cyclone canister and top to use the mini.

everything was going smooth till I tried it. Hardly anything in the canister, it all went into the shop vac, with weird turbulence inside the mini.

Ok, got a vacum leak somewhere, modified the top to the canister an old defunct shop vac, still didn't work. Well its a better set up, not a hurried one now.

To town, to get some rope caulking to seal the top to the canister. oops no difference.

Its got to be my fault somehow, so upstairs to puter and watch video again.

Revelation, I got the hoses to mini ports switched, (smacks head).

Back down to shop, spend a half hour prying, pounding and turning the air blue with language to get the top off the canister. Caulking is given to trash can.

Set top on canister, never had a gasket to start with. snap the 3 lid locks in place. its a little loose like most shop vacs. oh well.

Clean out shop vac, clean filter.

Hook hoses up to PROPER ports. Turn it on. WOW, suction sucks plastic top down on canister. Stick end of hose in sawdust dumped on floor. WOW again, operating just like the video.

OK, real test, put wand extensions on hose and clean floor and creavises and other places.

Check canister under mini, about a quarter full.

Check Vacum canister, No dust at all.

Happiness is a clean filter, makes the dust collection system seem like its got twice the suction it had new.

THANK YOU CLEARVIEW, for such an amazing, wonderful product with what seems like Magical properties.

Old dogs have a hard time doing things right when they get in a hurry. (remembers old saying).

The Hurrier I Go, The Behinder I Get.

jr. strasil
    Last edited by harry strasil; 03-08-2008 at 10:26 AM.
    Jr.
    Hand tools are very modern- they are all cordless
    NORMAL is just a setting on the washing machine.
    Be who you are and say what you feel... because those that matter... don't mind...and those that mind...don't matter!
    By Hammer and Hand All Arts Do Stand