Thread: Shop at SawMill Creek's Amazon Store

Shop at SawMill Creek's Amazon Store

Here is the link to our Amazon Store. Please use this link when shopping at Amazon.com and support SawMill Creek.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/shop

Keith, I bought a rotor-tiller and some attachments through the SMC/Amazon store yesterday. Does SMC get a cut even though it is not WW related?
    Freedom is the last, best hope of earth. Abraham Lincoln

Please help support the Creek.

Bruce,

We get a percentage whenever you use the link from our site and purchase merchandise. Thanks so much for supporting the creek.

Jackie

Is there a way we can be sure that the Creek is going to be given credit for the purchase? Is there any indication on Amazon's website or anything?

Keith, do we get credit toward our membership for purchases through amazon? I have made a couple this year, but my User CP says my membership expires in 80 days. Just curious.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Whitesell View Post
    Is there a way we can be sure that the Creek is going to be given credit for the purchase? Is there any indication on Amazon's website or anything?
    Just look for the following tag in the URL in your browser's address bar (near the end of the very long address): tag=wwwnorthwinda-20

Its good to check because there are some "parasite" viruses that replace the affiliate tag with another affiliate's tag.

Keith, would it be possible to add one of the Amazon search widgets to the store page, maybe in a side column? I find it hard to get results when I'm searching in one of the other sections (like books, for example).
    Did you know SMC is user supported? http://www.sawmillcreek.org/donate.php

Frank,

I'll ask Aaron to see what he can do, thanks.

Neither the link in this message nor at the top of the page loads the page to Amazon. Just sits there saying it 'may take a few moments'. 5 minutes later...
    J D Thomas
    ThomaStudios

Quote Originally Posted by J D Thomas View Post
    Neither the link in this message nor at the top of the page loads the page to Amazon. Just sits there saying it 'may take a few moments'. 5 minutes later...
    If you are using firefox, download opera or use IE and you should be able to load the store. It is a bit of a pain in the butt to load a different browser just to shop through SMC, which is why I just copy and paste the sawmillcreek info to the end of any amazon link. For all the extra effort, I'd like to know the creek is getting a percentage, but amazon gives no confirmation of this. I'd still like to know whether this counts toward our subscription as a member.

Christopher

I am using Firefox and do not have any problems; the page loads up immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Fletcher View Post
    I'd still like to know whether this counts toward our subscription as a member.
    Christopher
    No it doesn't. Keith does not get a breakdown of who bought what for how much.
    Glenn Clabo
    Charlestown Navy Yard

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Clabo View Post
    No it doesn't. Keith does not get a breakdown of who bought what for how much.
    Thanks for the clarification!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Fletcher View Post
    which is why I just copy and paste the sawmillcreek info to the end of any amazon link. Christopher
    Christopher, here is a sample link. Please clarify what you are pasting on to the end. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846 Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jim N Maine View Post
    Christopher, here is a sample link. Please clarify what you are pasting on to the end. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846 Thanks
    Replace the last bit of html code from the "/ref=s9" with this: ?&camp=212361&linkCode=wsw&tag=wwwnorthwinda-20&creative=380797

So the new html should read www.amazon.com/gp/product/b000bkbyww?&camp=212361&linkCode=wsw&tag=wwwnorthwinda-20&creative=380797 intstead of www.amazon.com/gp/product/b000bkbyww/ref=s9 qpick gw .....
    Last edited by Christopher Fletcher; 07-13-2009 at 12:24 PM.

Thanks! I'll try that on my next Amazon order.