Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interlocking Script Font

Interlocking Script Font

Anyone have a source for an Interlocking Script font? One like you'd use for monograms, where it's all capital letters and the tails all run into each other.

The problem with the script files I have or have seen all tilt the letters to the right slightly. I need a fancy script letter that is dead straight up letters.

I'm more than happy to purchase it, I just need to find it first.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Do you want it for monograms?

http://www.haroldsfonts.com/monogram-collection.html

Scott, if you need just a single I can make it for your from my Newing-Hall fonts.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Yes, for monograms. I already have some of Harold's fonts. His interlocking one is right on the edge of making my customer happy. Not exactly the "swirliness" they want.

I appreciate the one off offer, but it's a long term, ever changing order once I can finalize things with the right fonts for him.

The fonts seem to be easy to find sample of, but hard to find fonts files for.
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Look at Brody. Also, some of them you might be able to straighten. After typing, convert to curves, then slant it back to become more vertical like this:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: gif 1.gif (5.9 KB, 28 views)

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

Thanks Joe, I'm not interested in having to straighten them. Too many to do.

Somewhere there has to be a font, since I can see examples of it all over the internet. Just can't find the font for sale.

Have you gone to fonts101.com? They've got tons of fonts, some free, some for sale.
    Epilog Mini 18/25w & 35w, Mac and Vaio, Corel x3, typical art toys, airbrush... I'm a Laserhead, my husband is a Neanderthal - go figure

Red Coin Mah Jong

Scott,
    This one is really nice. I use it alot. Price is pretty good.
    http://www.dafont.com/chopin-script.font
    Last edited by Jerry Allen; 03-10-2008 at 7:00 PM.

Thanks Jerry, too much lean to the right. Here's an image of what I'm talking about. Sorry to be so picky, but a page with this font was dropped on my desk and that's what the customer wants. We've ironed out 10 other fonts for various fonts for him to offer and his last point was "I have to have that interlocking script font, it's the last thing we need completed before we can go forward with this project".

See how they are perfectly straight up? That's what I need, plus the long tails for all the letters.

This is one I have called Parchment...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Brad Knight; 03-10-2008 at 7:36 PM.

You can skew the font by clicking on the center with the pick tool and grabbing one of the horizontal nodes, or use the Envelope effect. First one is fast and easy and can be constrained (Ctrl key) for consistency if desired.

Have you tried uploading it to whatthefont.com?
    Jack

Scott
    That doesn't match up to anything I have but could be a pantograph font.
    http://www.shorinternational.com/EngravingType.htm

It seems a little unusual in that the larger letter is a three line and the smaller two line.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

font

Scott,
    Checked with the experts and it looks to them like Vine Monogram.
    I will PM with the link.
    Blessings,
    Jack
    __________________________________________________ _______________

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Shepherd View Post
    Anyone have a source for an Interlocking Script font? One like you'd use for monograms, where it's all capital letters and the tails all run into each other.

The problem with the script files I have or have seen all tilt the letters to the right slightly. I need a fancy script letter that is dead straight up letters.

I'm more than happy to purchase it, I just need to find it first.

Looks like http://www.fontbros.com/cgi-bin/comm...&key=HAFO-HAMC
    have just what you want
    George

"The more I learn, the less I know."

DiJeES
    VersaLaser 30W 2.8 w\ Rotary Attachment, Hermes 7000 Rotary Engraver, Corel 11 & X3, Photoshop 5, Unimat, MultiCam 3000 CNC Router, etc--etc.

I use font bro's VINE MONOGRAM and it works great! I use it on my vinyl machine too!