Thread: Storage Shed Plans.

Storage Shed Plans.

Good Morning!

I was wondering if anyone had come across building plans for storage sheds anywhere on the internet that were free. I have found many sites with plans for sale, but I hate to spend money on plans that may be of poor quality. I would also be interested in knowing if you have a website that you purchased plans from that you were satisfied with. I'm looking to build at least a 12'x16' shed. Thanks for any help you can lend!
    "Be true to your work, your word, and your friend." -Henry David Thoreau

Tom,
    You're getting to a size where you may want to search for garage plans as well. They could then be modified to remove the overhead doors and adjust the size if necessary.
    Are you looking for ideas, or actual plan drawings? The reason I ask, when I designed and built my garage, I looked at pictures of different garages, collected the details I thought would work well with my house, and then did the drawings on CAD. My father-in-law did his work on graph paper - then I took them into CAD for the permit drawings.

FWIW, Wes

Try this...it's 12X16 and professionally done.
    http://www.ag.ndsu.nodak.edu/abeng/plans/6086.pdf
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan

Tom, http://www.cherrytreetoys.com has several utility shed plans 11.00 to 14.00 dallers. 12' x 16'

Bob

Tom, There are some plans in www.cherrytreetoys.com for 12'x16' buildings. Some look usable for 11.00 to 14.00 dollars.

Bob

The info posted by Glenn looks nice (probably sufficient).

Can't say that that is all you would need to get along - depends on your experience level. I would suggest checking with your building dept (county usually) concerning snow loads and if the rafters are suffcient for your region. You do get a lot of snow correct?

May need to go to a 2x8 for the rafters depending on the snow load.

Also probably check on footers for the shed to ensure they are set deep enough (if using concrete footers). What are your plans for that area?

You planning for electric, heat, insulation, ...?

Thanks for the replies!

My thanks to all for the timely replies! Glenn, the site you recommended looks as if it will give me exactly what I'm looking for. It always amazes me the things that can be found through the Internet. I really appreciate all of the leads and advice. Thanks again!
    "Be true to your work, your word, and your friend." -Henry David Thoreau

Here is a link that will take you to some free plans.

Messmanswoodworking

Hope you find something you can use.
    Last edited by Dennis Peacock; 03-24-2004 at 12:54 AM.