Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help with Corel Updater

Thank you all. I was having the same problem as Barbara and tried 3 different methods of getting rid of the Corel X4 garbage. The last method worked. Yipee.
    Sandee Force

A few dollars spent contributing to SMC will save you hundreds of dollars in time and materials.

Thank you everyone... I am looking forward to having my sanity back!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara Buhse View Post
    I am looking forward to having my sanity back!
    (narrative voice-over) "With superhuman restraint, Lee lets a perfect straight line go sailing past, completely unmolested."
    Last edited by Lee DeRaud; 03-21-2008 at 8:27 PM.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

I really hate it when you as a user have done NOTHING and all of a sardine the puter goes nuts, requiring like 5 hours of hair tearing out work to fix. It's like looking up in the blue sky and a cow flies over and a cowpat lands in your face

I did a degree in puter science in '77, not one thing i learned then has been at all useful with modern puters, instead of getting MORE user friendly , just running a puter requires one to be a rocket scientist!!!!
    Rodney Gold, Toker Bros trophies, Cape Town , South Africa :
    Roland 2300 rotary . 3 x ISEL's ..1m x 500mm CnC .
    Tekcel 1200x2400 router , 900 x 600 60w Shenui laser , 1200 x 800 80w Reci tube Shenhui Laser
    6 x longtai lasers 400x600 60w , 1 x longtai 20w fiber
    2x Gravo manual engravers , Roland 540 large format printer/cutter. CLTT setup
    1600mm hot and cold laminator , 3x Dopag resin dispensers , sandblasting setup, acid etcher

I had the same basic problem and Dean's fix was the ticket, hopefully your's will be as easy to fix. Thanks for the help, Terry

I've also had good luck by, in my browser, going to "Tools", then click on "pop-up blocker" and set it for medium. It won't allow pop-ups, but you can still change pages in a forum (the highest setting won't let you do THAT).

Nancy
    Nancy Laird
    Owner - D&N Specialties, Rio Rancho, New Mexico
    Woodworker, turner, laser engraver; RETIRED!
    Lasers - ULS M-20 (20W) & M-360 (40W), Corel X4 and X3
    SMC is user supported. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/donate.php

We recently had an issue with an upgrade to windows that we needed to do , Service pack upgrade, for another software. After upgrading our Corel would take about 2 minuted to open, printed, save anything. We looked up the issue and found that a lot of people had this issue with no one being able to fix it. We tried uninstalling and reinstalling Corel but that did not work. By the way there is no way to completely uninstall Corel and all of the hidden files. We had to completely redo the system and now it works fine. Be cautious when updating especially if it is your production machine. Sometimes it is better to make sure you have a complete duplicate drive in case you have issues at least you can get work done while you try to solve the issue. We now have two drives on that machine that are identical and can boot off wither one.
    Doug

Equipment: Universal 35W Laser, Roland Vinyl cutter, Roland SC-540 54" Solvent Print / Cut, HP L25500 60" Latex Printer,
    Seal 6500 Dual Heat 60" Laminator, Kodak 9810 8x10 Dye Sub, Kodak 6850 6x8 Dye sub, Nisca Color Plastic Card Printer,
    16x20 automatic Heat Press

Quote Originally Posted by Lee DeRaud View Post
    (narrative voice-over) "With superhuman restraint, Lee lets a perfect straight line go sailing past, completely unmolested."

Go ahead Lee... lets hear it...