Thread: 1/2 Sheet sander RS2E

1/2 Sheet sander RS2E

I got a chance to use some of the new tools this weekend.
    the Domino is a definite winner along with the CT33 but the real "glad I bought it " surprise came from the RS2E sander. It is as vibration free as any sander that I have used before and sands very smooth and flat. It can be a handful with a coarser grit paper but is a dream to use with the 120 and up.

If you need a flat work sander check this one out. I'll say that it compliments the Rotex 150FEQ very well.

Tom

Yep, my favorite sander.

Another yep here!

I have both the RO150FEQ and the RS2E as well. They work great and compliment each other very well. I leave the coarser grits for the 150.

-Rob
    oops ....1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 - yup all there, whew!

You mean to tell me there is enough difference between the RS2E and my old Craftsman 1/2 sheet sander to write home about?

Why, my Craftsman even has dust control, a spout for either hooking up a vacuum or just using the bag that came with it.

I just can't imagine one being much different than the other. Hey, they both sand, don't they!

I use my rs2e all the timw however this is one tool I think they can improve on. I get a little suck down they should put two center holes in the paper like the ROS and add a plug it cord. But it is still the best 1/2 sheet sander I have used.
    -=Jason=-

I wish the RS2E had been around when I bought my PC505 ½ sheet sander. The 505 is a workhorse, kick butt sander but has zero dust collection. I only use it when I have to, and have no room for a downdraft table.

With the polished aluminum body, the 505 is a cool looking sander though...
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Check out the Bosch 1293D

I've got the Bosh half sander, the 1293D, and it's really amazing. It's got great dust collection (it's got a plate that will poke 12 holes in the paper), plenty of power, not too much vibration, and it's the workhorse in my shop these days for big surfaces.

Dave Stuve

I thought that sheet sanders were ancient until I used this one. I always have used ROS's and belt sanders but the 1/2 sheet sander has brought me a whole new perspective to sanding flat pieces.

Tom