Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Winter project - shop update

Very nice Larry! I'll grab some ideas from you on my project. Cherry for rails and stiles and maple (ply?) for panel?

Thanks Jim. Correct on the materials - they were leftover from my kitchen project. Slathered with some leftover Waterlox to give them some protection.

In the event that it helps you with your design, there are a couple of things that I would change about it were I to do it again.

1) Make the shelves removeable so you can change the arrangement. As it is, I am kinda stuck if I ever want to change it.

2) Make it a little wider. I built it when I used a 5" ROS and now I have a 6" Festool and the drawers for the disks are only wide enough for 2x5" disks. As such, the disks I only use when sanding outside have a nice home and my pricely Festool disks are in a cardboard box until I can build something better.

One thing that I do like about it is the seal that it has. I caulked all the joints and have that foam seal along the door opening so no matter how dirty or dusty the shop gets, stuff in there staus clean.

Good point on the shelves. I'll definitely make them adjustable. I need to make a cabinet to house the many Festool abrasives boxes I've been accumulating. And I only have the RO150, there's 4 other sanders I have my eye on.
    What I like about yours is the material usage. I like to purdy up my shop cabs. Thanks for your input, Larry.

Larry,

Looks as if you have been busy! Very nice work and you have a beautiful shop and very nice tools.

I too like your setup of the jointer and t/s with the safety switch and I plan to do the same. Thanks again for sharing your ideas.