Thread: Beauty and the Beast (PICS)

Beauty and the Beast (PICS)

I got my new Rikon 10-325 yesterday hauled home from Woodcraft and got it assembled today. I think it is both a beauty and a beast. It sure makes my long gone HF model look ugly and small

Here are some shots to enjoy.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice

I was just drooling on my keyboard. I have a HF bandsaw and while it is a bandsaw it sure ain't nothing like yours. Congradulations.

Bob I have that saw, actually almost 2 of em, and love it. It's smoooooooth and easy to operate. I might suggest that you up grade, sometime, to a Kreg fence system. That makes it a first rate saw.

Oh yeah don't forget to release the blade and tension on the drive belt. Just to be safe, or anal, I do.
    Making new friends on SMC each and every day

Now that's just rude, Bob. I have one of those, too . . . New-in-box . . . in a PODS unit . . . in a warehouse somewhere. UGGHH.

I see your 10-325 and I raise you MY new 10-345

I think it is better to make something with modest tools and do your best, then to have great tools and do nothing.... how do you know what you can do if you don't try...Mark Singer

Modest tools and a lot of wood

Kevin that's not really a raise, that's a whole different game
    Making new friends on SMC each and every day

Congratulations Bob. This will open a whole new world of options to you.

Bob I hope you have as much fun with yours as I've had. I've only had it a few weeks but it does a great job. I was going to 10-325 but want this one for the strength to resaw.

I've been working with a 9" Delta and a 10" Edison so this IS a whole new game for me.

Enjoy.
    I think it is better to make something with modest tools and do your best, then to have great tools and do nothing.... how do you know what you can do if you don't try...Mark Singer

Thanks for the compliments everyone. I think this is the right one for me and I am very excited with it.

Now Kevin.... THAT is what I call a SAW Not sure it would fit in my tiny little shop

Both of these saw come highly rated. I've been looking a Rikon for that reason for a few years. When I went to buy it, I went back and research the short list again only to that the Rikons still were rated 'Best for the Money' and had made a lot of improvements.

Thumbs up

Gee Bob, I'm green with envy. Great looking saw you got there.

Congrats! I KNOW you'll LOVE it!

Bruce
    "The great thing about Wood Turning is that all you have to do is remove what's not needed to have something beautiful. Nature does tha Hard work."

M.H. Woodturning, Etc.
    Peoria, Illinois 61554