Thread: Rockler = backorders?

Rockler = backorders?

Pardon me if this has been posted previoulsy. I sometimes go quite a spell between visits to the "Crick".

Rockler - I've had backorders on my last three orders with Rockler and on the most recent order I got a notice that my backorder was now extended yet another 4 weeks! Now, I understand an occasional backorder but IMHO this is getting to be very inconvenient.

Bottom line... if you don't have it... don't advertise it!

I'm disappointed because I like the on-line store. Have others experienced the same or have I just been ordering the "wrong" stuff?

I've experienced the same thing. This item was available when I put it in my cart but was backordered after I completed checkout.

######################

This site has absolutely awesome information...Thanks to you!!!

I have ordered a lot from them and have had some things on back-order but in general if it is in stock on the web site I get it.

The items that have been on back-order generally are shipped within a week or two of the other items.

Wish you better luck in the future.

In my business I am constantly ordering from electronic manufacturers and distributors and have been alarmed over the last month and a half at the amount of merchandise that becomes backordered. I have never seen this happen like this before (in over 30 years). I have also talked to others in my industry and found out they are experiencing the same thing. After hearing this about Rockler, it seems to be a trend. I have my suspicions as to why this is, but I will let you draw your own conclusions.
    I do it right, cause I do it twice.

I don't order from them regularly, but say maybe once every 6 months over 6 years avg. I have yet to get a back order from them. Other companies yes. One in particular sends you a post card, even though it was an internet order and have your email.

I am wondering due to the economy that maybe stores are warehousing less due to expected weaker demand.

I order from them pretty regular and have only had one backorder and it took a few weeks. I really like doing business with them.

I order from them quite often. I've never had a backorder.

I've had good luck with my orders as well. My shipments have matched what I saw online when I placed the order. I don't think I've had a case yet where it was shown available and then noted as backordered later.

Are you ordering at peak usage times during the day where the availability literally could have changed while you were placing your order? I know the liklihood shrinks that this is the culprit the more often you encounter this issue, but worth a thought.
    Scott Haddix

"If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" - Author Unknown

I order from them a few times a year. I've never had a backorder. My last order was placed online on a Sunday afternoon with a free shipping order. It was in my hands Wednesday morning. Darned good by my standards.
    ________
    Ron

"Individual commitment to a group effort--that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work."
    Vince Lombardi

Economic Slowdown = Inventory Controls
    Rich

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
    - General George Patton Jr

Rockler Gerstner "Type" Toolbox Plans

Received mine today with the rest of my order, nothing backordered . . . . I have had nothing but good luck so far with Rockler . . . . The plans I received are first class . . . .
    Support the "CREEK" . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Haddix View Post
    I've had good luck with my orders as well. My shipments have matched what I saw online when I placed the order. I don't think I've had a case yet where it was shown available and then noted as backordered later.

Are you ordering at peak usage times during the day where the availability literally could have changed while you were placing your order? I know the liklihood shrinks that this is the culprit the more often you encounter this issue, but worth a thought.
    Thanks guys. Scott, I never order during the day. It's usually around 10 or 11pm until I get some "web time". I like the store, too and have generally experienced quick and accurate service. That's why I've been disappointed with so many BO's lately. It's always a painful wait when you really need your order to complete a project.

I'll go along with the economic downturn theory.

Terry

Always had good luck with Rockler.

I just went through my first order with rockler. I'm not very happy with them at the moment. I had almost a thousand dollar order which included there router table top, rockler miter guage and fence, festool ts55 plunge saw /w rail, an extra rail, and kreg pocket hole kit. The only thing back ordered at the time (which was March 31) was the extra 55" guide rail. No biggy. Well, all my items shipped as different packages. I had a package on my doorstep just about everyday since last thursday. Well, today, the 8th, my backordered guide fence showed. But, no saw!!!!!!!!
    I thought it should have been here sooner, but I was giving them the benefit of the doubt. But, no saw today. I called them up and it was a total fiasco. I was getting questions about the weight of different packages and was I sure I didn't receive the saw. Made me feel very uncomfortable. She finally got with a supervisor and they agreed the saw did not ship. That's a fine how do you do!!!!!

Well, sir, we'll send it right out to you, oh wait, the saw is now backordered. The saw won't be in til the middle of next week. They did say they'll send it out 3 day air at there expense. Hopefully this is not the norm. They sound like a very nice to deal with company. The lady on the phone was very nice. I was just very aggrevated that they didn't know where my nearly $500 saw was. Atleast know if it was shipped or not and don't try to guess!!!! Hopefully this order will end with a happy ending. I just don't know if I can wait 2 more weeks.

What really makes it hard is I have 110" of guide rail sitting here that is just bugging the heck out of me knowing I can't use it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!