Thread: New material for signs and laser

New material for signs and laser

I just got back from the International Sign association show down in Orlando and found a lot of great stuff. One item I thought people here would be interested in is a material called Precision Board. www.precisionboard.com
    This is a polyurethane board that can be lasered. I just tested a piece I brought back and it looks great. i have attached a photo. i am still looking at settings but the bottom is about 1/8th" into the material. This material is completely waterproof and can be finished, machined, routed and painted. We make signs all the time from a competing brand but theirs cannot be lasered.
    We also have samples of a new glow in the dark Rowmark I am testing as well as some other products.
    I will update as I finish going through the back of stuff i came back with.
    Doug
    Doug

Equipment: Universal 35W Laser, Roland Vinyl cutter, Roland SC-540 54" Solvent Print / Cut, HP L25500 60" Latex Printer,
    Seal 6500 Dual Heat 60" Laminator, Kodak 9810 8x10 Dye Sub, Kodak 6850 6x8 Dye sub, Nisca Color Plastic Card Printer,
    16x20 automatic Heat Press

Sorry!
    Here is the photo
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Doug

Equipment: Universal 35W Laser, Roland Vinyl cutter, Roland SC-540 54" Solvent Print / Cut, HP L25500 60" Latex Printer,
    Seal 6500 Dual Heat 60" Laminator, Kodak 9810 8x10 Dye Sub, Kodak 6850 6x8 Dye sub, Nisca Color Plastic Card Printer,

Is the glow in the dark from Rowmark the laserglow ADA product or something new?

Support the Creek Please
    DONATE ! .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    SKYPE# : CLASSICMARINE1

Rowmark gave me new samples of Laserglow, Contemporary Wood collection, and Frosted acrylics. I am not sure if it is the same.
    Doug

Nope thats the new stuff. It's also Blacklight-able and from what I can tell will look awesome.

Support the Creek Please
    DONATE ! .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    SKYPE# : CLASSICMARINE1

Doug:
    I never tried Precision Board. I know it's been around quite awhile. Did you cut it out and if so, what thickness? What settings did you use?

Another interesting product,believe it or not, I have folks in this area that cut letters out of plain old Dow insulation board, also a foam. My 40watt cuts 1/2" like it was warm butter. I am told by users that it used to be that birds liked it and would destroy letters made from it. The Dow board, that is blue in color, is not bothered by them, so their back using it for outdoor letters...CHEAP..4x8 sheet costs about $10 bucks! Glue it with Liquid Nail.
    Epilog Legend EXT36-40watt, Corel X4, Canon iPF8000 44" printer,Photoshop CS6, Ioline plotter, Hotronix Swinger Heat Press, Ricoh GX e3300 Sublimation