Thread: Capspray 9100

Capspray 9100

Figure I will post here. First off I have never sprayed before. I have a cabinet maker mentor. He sold me a Capspray CS9100 4 stage system he had. He uses a Kremlin in his shop and the 9100 was going unused. Tomorrow (Thursday) after work I get a lesson on spraying from him. I am looking for cheap spraying finishes in which to use to learn with. Any ideas? Also any other ideas on how to learn with this system?

As I responded on the prior thread (See Spraying Questions) you need more than an hour lesson. Andy Charron's Spray Finishing will answer your questions and give you the info you need to use your equipment.

Be sure to practice and learn on scrap or cardboard boxes. Never make your project your learning experience. You don't just fill up the cup and pull the trigger.
    Howie.........

If you are going to be using water borne most of the time, just buy some Minwax Polycrylic. It's ready to spray out of the container, easily sourced and relatively inexpensive. It's not an "outstanding" finish, but great to both practice with and use on some projects. Same for Zinsser SealCoat for learning to spray shellac. You don't want to be spraying lacquer (solvent based) unless you have a safe environment to do so. Practicing as Howard indicates is very important.
    Last edited by Jim Becker; 04-03-2008 at 12:15 PM.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...