Thread: Tornado

Tornado

I hope the tornado left Dennis, Mark and any other creekers safe!

My prayers are with you.
    A few hours south of Steve Schlumpf

I was going to ask the same thing Pete. I hope everyone down there is ok. Prayers are with everyone.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Yep ditto for me as well.

in the aftermath there should be some decent turning lumber around. Its a ill wind.......
    neil

The wooden Potter

Woooo-Weeeee..!!!! That there was some kind of weather now wasn't it.!!!! As best I know it right now, the following Creeker's are ok here locally: Me , Mark Cothren, Joe Meazle, and Zahid Naqvi. Some folks didn't have homes to come back to after the storm and I ask that we all offer thoughts and prayers for all those that did suffer loss.

It did get pretty rough here at the house and we did get a call from one of our neighbors telling us that a tornado was spotted just about 1 mile from our house and we woke the kids and I got all them into a closet, then I went outside to see what I could see. I've always went outside to watch for the storms as I was taught this by my grandfather and have done this all my life.

Thanks so much for asking!!!!!
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Glad to hear everyones is ok and we will keep all that lost in our prayers....

Monday when the storms went through here, we had a tornado touch down about 2 miles from our house BUT it was also 1 block away from my wifes work (while she was working ) really freaked her out... I was in Parsons KS at the time working ... (90 miles away)

Was really worried if I had a house to come home too....

Dave
    Ahhhhh..... the smell of fresh cut wood!

Glad to hear everyone made it through the storm! Nature has a way of getting your attention every now and then!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

I flew out of Little Rock at 4:30 pm last Thursday. I did not like the clouds we flew through on the way out. Glad to hear at least there were no serious injuries this time.
    Just cut off the parts that don't look like a bowl...

That's one thing I don't miss about the Midwest or deep South...tornados.

Glad everyone was safe!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

I have been thinking about everyone else while I stay glued to the TV and radio with these thunderstorms moving through with tormado watches plastered. It keeps one motivated to stay alert.
    Glenn Hodges
    Nashville, Georgia

"Would you believe the only time I ever make mistakes is when someone is watching?"

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Peacock View Post
    It did get pretty rough here at the house and we did get a call from one of our neighbors telling us that a tornado was spotted just about 1 mile from our house and we woke the kids and I got all them into a closet, then I went outside to see what I could see. I've always went outside to watch for the storms as I was taught this by my grandfather and have done this all my life.
    Glad you made it through alright. Two or three weeks ago, we had two tornados come by. One went about a mile north of me, the other, about four hours later, went about a mile south of me.

I was standing on the front porch watching the hail come down. I learned that from my father.

nathan

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Hodges View Post
    I have been thinking about everyone else while I stay glued to the TV and radio with these thunderstorms moving through with tormado watches plastered. It keeps one motivated to stay alert.

I know what you mean Glen, here in central Florida we've been getting very severe thunderstorms with sightings of tornadoes.

I'm glad the folks here on the forum faired well and I too will kept everyone in prayer.

Fred