Thread: The condensed workshop

The condensed workshop

I thought I would post some new pics of my rearranged and condensed workshop . It is part of a 3 car garage. Almost everything is
    stored in 1/3 of the garage on mobile bases. When my husband goes to work (which is early) I can expand into 2/3 of the garage and
    if I am working on a big project (yearh right) I can park my car outside.
    Shop Pics_20080403_003.jpg Shop Pics_20080403_004.jpg Shop Pics_20080403_005.jpg
    Shop Pics_20080403_007.jpg Shop Pics_20080403_006.jpg
    As you can see I have quite a bit of equipment in a very small space, hence the importance of mobile bases. The only thing not
    mobile is the drill press. So far it is fine where it is. The Rigid saw in the picture(s) will be going to one of my son's to store/use.
    The shop is a constant work in progress. I still need to find a place for the scroll saw and I need more cabinets and more work
    bench space. In a pinch the hubby will set up the saw horse (they are too heavy for me) and put a sheet of plywood on top for
    a work space. Thanks for looking.
    Lori K

Lori K

Nice workshop.. One thing I'd suggest is if you could somehow make some folding wings for the miter saw to help support longer pieces.. Or maybe you already have a solution to that.

What kind of projects do you primarily do?

Lookin' good,Lori

You've got some nice equipment well organized.....once the Rigid saw is out of your way, you'll have to rearrange again! But....that's the fun of it!
    Women are like phones. They love to be held and talked to, but if you press the wrong buttons you'll get disconnected!

Life is one fool thing after another whereas love is two fool things after each other

At the risk of sounding sexist, it seems apparent that some day soon we will discover that women have an extra "clean gene" that came with the rib in the garden. The only time my shop looks that way is when my wife asks how I can stand the mess, the guilt hits, and I spend a day cleaning up!

Smile

Isn't that Dewalt scroll saw nice?

Thanks everyone.
    Paul, I have done a bit of an assortment of projects from shop cabinets to a media storage cabinet (red oak)for one of my boys.
    I have also done a clamp rack (its in the pictures) pet steps, cutting boards, scroll sawn baskets and even made a couple of
    graduation albums (using plywood).
    John, I have to keep the shop clean cause my 6 lb. dog comes out with me alot and if the shop is dirty I can't find her
    Lori K

Nice setup!

Lori, I feel your pain. Trying to store all those tools in one bay of a garage is definitely difficult. You seem to have made good use of the space.
    Don Bullock
    Woebgon Bassets
    AKC Championss

The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.
    -- Edward John Phelps

Lori,

How do you like the drill press? I am thinking about the steel city myself and am looking for some opinions on it?

Lori,
    Very nice shop. Did you build that workbench? I've got a small shop and your bench looks like a good size. If you didn't buy it perhaps you could tell me where you got the plans. Also, I can't tell what you are doing for lighting. Are you satisfied with the amount of light in your shop? thanks, Andrew

All I can say is thank god for mobile bases.
    I love the SC drill press. Mind you I do not have alot of experience with DP, but this was pretty easy to assemble, moving
    the belts is fairly easy (changing speed). I did alot of research before I bought and I felt this was the best bang for the buck.
    I do think the new Powermatic is prettier, but I get a lower speed with the SC at almost half the price.
    Sorry, the workbench was part of a 2 bench set from Costco, about twenty years ago. This is the smaller one and believe me
    it is small that is why I like the dedicated router table as extra work space.
    Yes that dewalt SS is very nice, little vibration, nice table size and I like the arm that lifts.
    Lori K