Thread: One Year Anniversary

One Year Anniversary

One year ago today, I got my brand new laser!!! After failing miserably doing it a a home business, I got my own storefront about 8 months ago. While I'm having a hard time paying all my bills, I am happy to say that my doors are open today.

I'm competing with another engraver in my area who's been in business almost 25 years now and I've been able to take quite a bit of their market share. I think the two things that have helped me grow the most is the ARA and SMC.

Thanks to all who've been so helpful.
    ULS M-360 35W, Corel X3

Congrats!!! I am envious.
    Epilog mini 24 with 45 watts
    X3
    More wood working tools then I deserve

Well done Craig, I think I just crossed my 1 year mark recently. Takes a heck of a lot of work and it's easy to see why so many do fail. You really have to be dedicated to making it happen and it appears you are. Keep plugging away, keep taking work from the other guy and go get some more!

Good job! Enough praise, get back to work
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Craig - congrats - I too rolled over the first year recently (last month) after a year of very little progress from the home. I'm glad to say my framing partner and I are actively pursuing the purchase of our own building so we can start building equity for us and not a landlord...

Steve
    Steve Beckham

Epilog Mini 24 with 45 Watt, Ricoh GX 7000 Sublimation, Corel X3, Corel X4 and PhotoGrav, Recently replaced the two 'used' SWF machines with brand new Barudans.

Contemplating the same.

It's been 6 months for us at home also. We've beat the bushes by going to different organizations peddling wholesale so they can profit for their org. and offer products not offered locally. Very few are biting. But the soccer moms and dads are head over heals for our product. So now we're offering individual teams 20% off for 10 or more items. But we really feel if we had a "brick and mortar" place business would be better and we would be able to exhibit more of what we can do than what we can under a craft tent. And no I'm not knocking the craft venues, but they can be a hit or miss thing at times.

Keep us informed how you are doing (everybody).

Thanks and good luck!
    "No man is a failure who has friends." -Clarence

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education. - Mark Twain

Anthony Welch
    Laurel,MS

Epilog Legend EX 45watt, Corel Draw 12 & x3, Photograv, Wacom tablet 4x5, ShopBot PRS96x48 w/spindle, airbrush and shop full of tools.

OK I'm in too.
    It will be one year for my wife and myself opening a store front and going at it full time as our only source of income. We are just covering costs, but have gain good recognition. In fact we are in the running for Busines of the year, my wife is in the running for Business Women of the year, and I am still having fun.

And yes, I have learned, and am learning, from this group every day.

Thanks

When I got my 1st laser, I employed a Rep and that was about the best thing I coulda done , after 3 months we were rocking and rolling ......HOWEVER we were one of the first in town to get a laser engraver and we were already pretty well known........

I been in the engraving/trophy/cnc type world for 25 years now (lasers I think 8 yrs or so) and I'm tired of it. Got it so my business runs itself and am now opening up a workshop specializing in high power complex modification to v8's , mostly expensive hot rod type muscle cars owned by boys with LOTS of money to spend on their toys.........

I had thoughts of coming to the USA for a bit and running some workshops re lasers, trophys , engraving, running a succesful business in this field , new ideas , opportunities for profit etc ....all combined into 2-3 day camps..but it's a schlep and Im not familiar with the US markets.
    Wouldnt make me a lot of moolah , but would be a nice opportunity to see the country and meet the engraving community.
    Rodney Gold, Toker Bros trophies, Cape Town , South Africa :
    Roland 2300 rotary . 3 x ISEL's ..1m x 500mm CnC .
    Tekcel 1200x2400 router , 900 x 600 60w Shenui laser , 1200 x 800 80w Reci tube Shenhui Laser
    6 x longtai lasers 400x600 60w , 1 x longtai 20w fiber
    2x Gravo manual engravers , Roland 540 large format printer/cutter. CLTT setup
    1600mm hot and cold laminator , 3x Dopag resin dispensers , sandblasting setup, acid etcher