Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Woodcraft Sale

Woodcraft Sale

I just received my Woodcraft sales flyer. They're offering 10% off Jet and Powermatic on 4/12. How often do they have this sale? LOML is fascinated with lathes (can I get an amen!) and we were thinking of getting a Jet mini-lathe.
    The problem is that we were thinking of buying it later this year.

From what I hear, the Jet Mini-lathe gets good reviews. But you should post this in the turners forum to get the best information and recommendations. Don't expect them to dissuade you.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

I'll have to wait until I get home to see if it's a nationwide thing, but I was thinking of getting the PM BS later this year as well when they went on sale (here's to wichful thinking). I just cashed in on their last 10% sale combined with the WMH rebate to acquire a drumsander. Don't forget to check for a WMH rebate on that Jet lathe.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Henderson View Post
    From what I hear, the Jet Mini-lathe gets good reviews. But you should post this in the turners forum to get the best information and recommendations. Don't expect them to dissuade you.
    Boy, that's putting it mildly. More likely what will happen is you'll ask them about the Jet mini lathe, and next thing you know, a truck is backing up to your shop with a Powermatic 3520B with your name on it.

Mike, trust me, I've been searching the Turner's forum and you are correct.
    The reason I posted here was because my question was about the sale rather than turning. Also, since this is the most active forum, I figured more would learn about the sale if they're not on the mailing list.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilbur Pan View Post
    Boy, that's putting it mildly. More likely what will happen is you'll ask them about the Jet mini lathe, and next thing you know, a truck is backing up to your shop with a Powermatic 3520B with your name on it.
    Well it IS only $2300 more

Russ, Is the sale limited to power tools? I have my eyes set on some Jet parallel clamps and 10% off makes it more enticing if I'm spending 1k or more.

I was told it would be a nation wide Jet products sale.

But the discount on the 3520b will be more than the cost of the midi. What better savings are there? 2 lathes for less than the price of 1. It is like you are being paid to slide down the slope.

The 10% sales are not real often. But this time of the year, tax rebates and new models being introduced etc, you'll see these sales come our way.

I suspect the targeting of any rebates out there is a driving decision.

As far as the Jet Mini lathe, I have it and I love it. Some day I'll go bigger, but this lathe has never let me down in any way. Great tool.
    One good turn deserves another

Sales

Russ, I seem to notice a woodcraft 10% sale on the WMH tools about twice a year (maybe it's regional?) so I wouldn't worry too much. If you keep an eye out on Amazon you'll get a deal with either optional add ons or free shipping every few months or so, and you probably won't have to pay tax based on where you live.

Those sales (and better ones) are pretty frequent at Woodcraft.

Look for one that is UL Listed. (has the "UL-in-a-circle Mark" on it)

Thanks everyone. Looks like I don't have to dash off to the sale in a panic.
    Jeremy, do you know if the Jet models are UL listed?

Jet also has rebates of $25, $50, and $100 depending on what you get before April 30.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Rooks View Post
    Jet also has rebates of $25, $50, and $100 depending on what you get before April 30.
    You can get the rebates even if you buy the tools on sale. Early in the year Rockler had a Jet DC on sale. After the rebate it cost me about 45% of the retail price.

The mini-lathes have a $25 rebate and the rebate on their 16x42 is $100.

http://content.jettools.com/promotio...08.pdf#Page=11 Scroll down to pages 10 & 11. BTW -- This brochure also lists Jet sale prices which are pretty goo too, i.e. Variable Speed 10x14 Indexing Mini Lathe reg. price $553, sale price $329 & after rebate $304 (Disclaimer from brochure: OFFER AVAILABLE AT PARTICIPATING DEALERS ONLY WHILE SUPPLIES LAST. WMH TOOL GROUP RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CORRECT ANY PRICING, PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS OR IMAGE DISCREPANCIES.)D
    Last edited by Don Bullock; 03-27-2008 at 11:40 PM.
    Don Bullock
    Woebgon Bassets
    AKC Championss

The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.
    -- Edward John Phelps