Thread: First commercial job

First commercial job

Here are more 1/4" Corian signs. I did this for a charter school. They are hung with velcro because we didn't want to mess up the nice wooden doors. They also wanted to be able to easily switch signs around. The signs were designed by a talented graphic artist (who I previously hired to do a logo for me) and I just put a border around them, toolpathed and painted them.

SAM_1851.jpgSAM_1855.jpgSAM_1850.jpg
    Last edited by Rich Fennessey; 09-19-2012 at 11:15 PM.
    CAMaster Cobra X3 408 w/Recoil
    BobCAD V25
    Corel Draw X5

Precision Sign and Post
    Windham, NH

Rich

First class work. Thanks for posting.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

3. Congratulations on your first commercial job, I think that's a really BIG step and a great one. The signs look great! We hope to go this direction someday . . . soon.

zll
    God Bless,
    James & Zelma (Psalm 18:2)
    "Inscriptions Of The Heart"
    Texas
    ~A person is only as good as their word~

Thanks. I had no intention of using 1/4" corian but when I had a chance to buy out some inventory from a cabinet shop, I thought through some of the things I could make with it and found I could use it for many things. It let me practice without worrying about going through $20/sqft material for practice. It is also lighter, so easier to mount if not using screws. These were put up with velcro.

I've also had some luck making and selling some corian cutting boards out of 1/2" corian remnants. I have 5 different cutting board/tray designs ranging from 7x10" to 12x18". Here is a picture of the 7x10" oval cheese serving tray, 9x12" plain board, 11x14" board with a juice groove, and the 12x18" oval serving tray. Again, I only made these because I bought out the last inventory from yet another person who was selling left over inventory that was too small to make countertops. Most folks have no use for corian remnants. Light colors are better for cutting boards since they don't show scratches as well. I cut the simple board with a 1/4" bit and used a 1/4" roundover for the edges. The trays took 4 bits - 1/2" flat bottom, 1/2" cove, 1/4" spiral, and the 1/4" roundover. I manually did the roundover cutting using the CNC spindle as a regular router. The X3 is great since I basically can make all of these without changing a bit but then use the roundover after cutting out a batch of them.

SAM_1964.jpgSAM_1984.jpg
    CAMaster Cobra X3 408 w/Recoil
    BobCAD V25
    Corel Draw X5

Precision Sign and Post
    Windham, NH

Nice cutting boards Rich. I like the oval serving tray, it would make a great snack tray or lap desk as well.

Very nice!