Thread: Mustard Monster

Mustard Monster

I just got off of the phone with Craft Supply in Utah concerning the purchase of a new 3520B. I wanted to put off the purchase until the middle of just but I thought that I may make a deal not for delivery then. I was told that the price for all of Jet and Powermatic tool will be going up the end of this month and the 3520B will increase in price about $200.

my question now is to those of you that has purchased the lathe in the last few weeks is, how hard is it to get the $100 dollar rebate that WHM tools is offering until the end of April? Secondly who has the best price at this time???

got the rebate

I bought my lathe(PM3520-B) in late January and recieved the check for $100.00 in about 6 weeks. It realy works!

Ron,
    I purchased my Monster in Late Feb 2008, and got my rebate last week. Approx. 4-6 weeks to receive it. I bought my 3520b from my local dealer in Springfield, IL, but I struck a deal with him at the St. Louis Woodworking Show. I bought his floor model for $2200.00 + tax, brand new never started. I did not buy any accessories when I purchased mine. It comes with several items like a live center, drive spur, and faceplate. I have heard of similar prices, but I favored going with a local dealer for good relations and service, if needed. With a price increase and the rebate ending at the end of April, I think, I would take advantage of todays price. Just my 2 cents worth.
    Regards, Ken

Become a Contributor at SMC and keep this great source of Knowledge and help from becoming only a memory.

Ron,
    Contact Joe Osolnik at Osolnik Machinery for a price. He had the best price when I bought mine in September. Also, one of the other creekers got a good deal at Tool Nut in NJ (I think it is in NJ). Both of these places should be able to give you a better deal and free freight. The rebates are processed fairly quickly.
    Kurt

Ron, Also Check out the April 12 10% off sale for all Jet products. I believe it includes Mustard. There is also the Rebate.

Just tryin' to help you save $$$$$$$'s.

Bruce
    "The great thing about Wood Turning is that all you have to do is remove what's not needed to have something beautiful. Nature does tha Hard work."

M.H. Woodturning, Etc.
    Peoria, Illinois 61554

I have a Woodcraft in my area and would like to do business with them but if i buy out of state I do not have to pay the local tax. I roughly figured the cost of the lathe with tax in my area would be about $2750, and I can beat that price by about $200 by buying it out of state because they do not add the tax, you are supposed to report the purchase to the state you live in.

Thanks to the notes I appreciate the information.

I can't help you with your original question but this might be of interest to you....

http://editor.delivra.com/vo.aspx?Fi...MailID=4694146

I paid the sales tax & Bought local

I bought mine last wek locally. Dealer told me that the price will increase by $200 + No $100 rebate by the end of the month.
    I contacted Osolnik & Tool nut. I needed a Lift gate Delivery. that cost EXTRA from Both Osolnik & Tool Nut.
    My Local dealer Matched there Delivered price,Plus Tax. But I had to pay the State Tax & Delivered it with a Boom Truck & brought a pallet jack with them & set it right into my Shop.
    Over All I paid about $90 more the buying online, Worth it to me!! local Dealer is only a couple of blocks form where I work, A real convience if any problems should occur.
    Just My 2cents worth.

Try toolnut great price great service! Bought mine in november good expierence!! George..

Tax rebate, price increase, $100 rebate. Verrrry tempting....
    Where did I put that tape measure...

Woodcraft has the $100 off coupon so the price is $2699.99. TOMORROW they have a 10% off all powertools sale and if you have the coupon that adds another 5%.
    $2295 tomorrow only.

Cool

Bought my 3520B Last of Jan. --- still waiting for the rebate..

Blog Entries
    I looked and looked and for the Money , I don't think another lathe can come close in it's class. ( NOT comparing it to lathes at twice the cost or more)

I added several accessories and was still under 3 grand delivered to my door with free liftgate.

Has good solid features , plenty of power, reverse, variable speed, 20" swing and a 38" swing over the optional 18" bed, I love the sliding head as a Lefty it was a feature I wanted to keep my Jet 1442 's head slid down too. The SLOWWWWWW speed is real nice, just turn that dial.

I'm having a ball turning fancy firewood on it. lol

I believe its a very good value for what you get. I could have spent 6 Grand if I wanted too, just felt the 3520B had everything i'll need for a very long time if not the rest of my days. I'm quite pleased with my choice.

If you at all are on that fence or even someplace close to it JUMP now!
    Remember, you are NOT your post count.
    American & Proud
    ~Powermatic 3520B~
    "The GOLDStandard since 1921"
    Graphtec CE5000-60, FlexiSIGN PRO 8.6v2, Refine MH871,
    Photoshop CS5 Extended, Illustrator CS5, CorelDRAW X4, Wacom Intuos3 6x11, Wacom Cintiq, Dual 24" LCD's on MoView Stand, GraphixCALC Pro 2.0.4, QuickBooks 2010, Grain Fraim.