Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Charles Neil on his SawStop..

Charles Neil on his SawStop..

hey guys ,im glad ya like....again its not a sales pitch...just for your info...my good friend Bob ,just yesterday "mitered" his thumb...he was much luckier than me...the reason i did it was sumed up in the statement...of how guys complain they have to buy a new cartridge and blade if it "does its thing"....I reminded you dont forget the price of the band aid....I fully understand most cannot afford the saw.....but to complain about the price of a blade and cartridge over getting cut.....lets discuss BLO, vs tung oil,or what sawblade to use....but to disspell the common sense of this technology is not a good thing.....perhaps to discuss the use and safety techniques for those who cannot afford the sawstop would be a good topic...I would be happy to add my two cents...guys and gals....I told ya , ive made this trip, and i really dont want to see any of my woodworker friends and family follow....

Nice testamonial ,from someone who obviously knows.....

what continually catches my ears is how many people rave over its qualities as a table saw - it's not just some cheapo with a neat safety trick up its sleeve.

I suspect this will be required viewing for wives everywhere. Seriously though, a most informative video. Nice work!

Welcome Charles, good video. I also have been to the emergency room twice with a blade strike. Neither one did the damage you had, but two fingers are a little shorter than they used to be.
    I also purchased the Saw Stop before I have my third blade strike.
    I can only agree with you about the quality of the saw, plus the increase of comfort level using a safe tool.
    Let me also point out that if you have a brake fire because of a skin touch, you can send it to Saw Stop, and they will replace the brake free of charge.

Richard

Great vidios!!! Thanks for the link!! George....

I checked one out that a guy near me has. It is an extremely well built saw. Maybe some day...
    Where did I put that tape measure...

Bravo! Great video. Between you and the guy on the Saw Stop video, if your accidents aren’t enough to convince someone about safety I don’t know who can. Like you, I really have to question the people who complain about having to pay for a new cartridge and blade if the saw trips. The cost of a new blade and cartridge is significantly less expensive than the trip I made to the emergency room after dadoing the middle on my left hand up through the first knuckle. Thanks for pointing out the features.

Terry

My shop is 40 steps from the hospital emergency room....hope I never have to walk through that door. I wish they made these before I bought my 66, price difference is negligible. Nice endorsement there from a guy who knows. Thanks for the link.

Oh..If we are discussing safety...try not to put your hand into the moving blade.

Great video Charles. Nicely put! Thankyou for taking the time to do this.

Nice video

I operate a 1949 Unisaw and an incra fence. I wonder if I can get an incra on that thing?
    Ive looked at the saw stop but not real close I'm glad it was done from a non sales person perspective. Moneys tight right now but its in my future. Thanks for the link

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Townsend View Post
    I suspect this will be required viewing for wives everywhere. Seriously though, a most informative video. Nice work!

hmmm....good point. My bother's bday is coming up....he who makes nice stuff but can be accident prone at times. Maybe I'll send this link to his wife.....

These are the reasons I bought one as well. The quality and features are a bonus .
    "All great work starts with love .... then it is no longer work"

Blog Entries
    Anyone got a price on the contractor saw? I have a right tilt jet at my business that's about 9 years old.(probably less than its 1/2 life) but I'd feel much better if my employees had a SawStop.
    What you listen to is your business....what you hear is ours.

Okay, I'm sold. I want one. How do I get my wife to watch this?