Thread: old dewalt radial arm saw

old dewalt radial arm saw

Today I bought an old dewalt radial arm saw and I'm seeking information on the machine and leads to secure an owners manual. the model number on the base is 302029 , the machine is identified as 925 dlx, serial no. is 347120,it has a 8 1/4 in blade .It was made in Lancaster, Pa.The arm has a Dewalt Power Shop identification.The model no. of the motor is 500142.
    It appears to have been used very little and looks to be in perfect condition.No signs of wear anywhere and all adjustments are very tight. The story was it has hardly ever been used between 2 owners over the years.
    I am about 2 years into a woodworking hobby and this is my first venture into old machinery. Can anyone tell me about the machine, how to get info on set up and operation ,etc. Information of any nature would be appreciated.

Old Wood Working Machinery dot com as in owwm.com

Great place and tons of knowledgeable people there.

Brad

Al,

You'll want to pick up a copy of 'how to master the radial arm saw' by wally kunkel @ mrsawdust.com. It's specifically targeted at the older dewalt saws and has a tremendous amount of information on adjustments, table construction and operating the saw. As mentioned, owwm is a good source of info, as is the dewalt forum on Delphi (forums.delphiforums.com/woodbutcher)

I'm sure you'll enjoy it. I've had mine about a year and it's a pleasure to use.

go to people.delphiforums.com/snotzalot/sawdust
    They will be able help you. I have a 925 purchased in 1960... If you need the manual
    would be happy to copy it for you..