Thread: Anyone use this software.

Anyone use this software.

Hello everyone
    I went to the awards show this past weekend and found this software.
    Its called Imagaro Z and I was wondering if anyone else uses it. It is a program that will turn almost anything into a vector format. I havent got to load it yet but it looked like it could be very usefull. The website is.

www.graphicalsystemsusa.com

Gene, I haven't used it, but thank you for posting it. I went to the same show on Friday and saw it, but didn't pick up any info on it. I watched him do an excellent demo. Not a canned demo, but someone walking by had stopped and started asking him question. They had specific demands on the software and he opened up a typical graphic that was old and scanned in. It's the stuff we all see all the time. He opened the same file in Corel and went through it at the same time.

The differences were incredible. Corel Trace, in my opinion, doesn't do well at all on letters. I have to photograph a lot of what I'm about to do, so I take the photo, then use that photo to identify the font or trace it if I have to. Trace almost never gives me acceptable results on text.

However, the text on his graphic came out excellent.

Just went to the site- $690 for the software? WOW. It was $499 at the show. That's a pretty big price difference.

I've been searching the internet for 2 days trying to find that guy. I couldn't remember the name of the software and I couldn't find him listed on the NBM website.

Thanks for posting it, I'll be looking into it a little closer now.
    Last edited by Scott Shepherd; 04-13-2008 at 8:34 AM.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

If there are enough people interested I can contact them and inquire about a bulk buy purchase or major discount for SawMill Creek.

Let me know...

Gene,

There are 2 versions on the site, 1 is $299 & has font recognization & vector conversion. Did you see both versions, I could possibly talk myself into needing a $300 piece of software, but can't really justify $600.
    Linda Tetreault
    Laser Impressions
    Epilog Mini 45 watt
    Corel X5

I'm interested, But I also wonder how long Corel will take to add somthing similar in there upgrades?
    "No man is a failure who has friends." -Clarence

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education. - Mark Twain

Anthony Welch
    Laurel,MS

Epilog Legend EX 45watt, Corel Draw 12 & x3, Photograv, Wacom tablet 4x5, ShopBot PRS96x48 w/spindle, airbrush and shop full of tools.

I'm not sure about the $600.00 software. I bought the $299.00 one. I am getting ready to install it and will let everyone know how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gene Hobbs View Post
    Hello everyone
    I went to the awards show this past weekend and found this software.
    Its called Imagaro Z and I was wondering if anyone else uses it.
    The real claim to fame is Imagaro's ability to recognize fonts (from your installed list) and replace any text with TTFs.

IMHO, with the advent of VectorMagic and X4's WhatTheFont, there's no place for Imagarao.
    Roy Brewer[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Epilog/Control Laser/Roland engravers/Xenetech

We have been using Imagaro Z for few years. It works, but you get mixed results. When the engravers downstairs get a bad logo they send it up to me. Imagaro is great with black and white illustrations, but once you start adding to many colors it loses track. It is a great starting point for most logos, you are able to edit nodes and lines. You have a lot of simple changes and operations available. Most times I convert what I can Import it into Corel, which takes one click of the mouse, to finish it up.

The font recognition is great, but once again your source image is important. They way it works is you select the text you want to be found, then you tell it which letters are which in the image. It will search through an overly extensive database of fonts. It will then show you the best matches which you can switch through, if you have the font installed you can choose to replace it on the image. If you don't it will at least give you the name of the font so you can go out and find it. A lot of times if you get the font name it is nice to just go in corel and add it yourself. Oh and if you have text that is distorted it will not see it, such as on a curve.

All and all I would say this program does what it says it will. Just be ready to have some mixed results. Like anything it else it just takes time to work through.

Keep in mind our version is older and they may have updated it a lot.
    I have worked for QuickTrophy LLC since 2006.
    Trotec Speedy 360, 3 Universal PLS 360's, 1 M-360, and VLS 230
    We also do color work using a Mimaki UJF-3042Fx and Sublimation Equipment

Well that's hit all the right questions on the nose, thanks Matt.
    Epilog 45w Helix X3/X5 Corel Microflame Generator (flame polisher) Heat Bender