Thread: Kudos to Vic Edelbrock

Thumbs up Kudos to Vic Edelbrock

I just saw an interview with Vic on Hot Rod TV. He manufactures all his products right here in the Good Ole USA, and refuses to send product manufacturing off-shore to China. He sees what off-shore manufacturing has done to the our manufacturing job sector and understands how critical it is to keep those jobs here. If only other companies would do the same.

Ed

Edelbrock products are a small, niche market. I'm sure the company leaders are indeed patriotic, but it probably doesn't make sense for them to pick up and set up shop in Asia anyway.

When I used to build hot rods I loved Edelbrock hardware. I installed an Edelbrock Performer package on my newly rebuilt 351W and it turned my '69 Cougar into an absolute street terror. The torque was so strong I actually blew out second gear in an automatic. And, even without second gear, that car was still fast!

It isn't as if there are no manufacturing jobs left in the USA. The tide is changing for sure, but it hasn't changed completely.

Mostly consumer goods are being made in China, but that is what is everybody sees at Walmart and other big retail stores.

Lots of big stuff is still made here. My friend works at a big machine shop making mostly stainless stuff for food plants and they are booked out for two years. There are billboards advertising for skilled labor for manufacturers and news stories at least once a month about how manufacturers can't get skilled help like machinists.

Wow...I wish we had that problem here in Michigan. Our Governor is going to take advantage of all the abandoned factories, etc. and rent them out to movie producers 'cuz they make very realistic sets. Kind of a slap in the face.
    Kyle in K'zoo
    Screws are kinda like knots, if you can't use the right one, use lots of 'em.
    The greatest tragedy in life is the gruesome murder of a beautiful theory by a brutal gang of facts.